Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 8,956 times

Advertisements

Me, too! I'm looking online and have found, through research, that I really like the Suwanee area. It's really hard to tell without seeing it in person and getting a feel for the place though. i want a place that still feels "southern" but has good schools, affordable housing, and lots of amenities. I like the Olde Atlanta Club area and the Grand Cascades...at least I "think" I do from what I"ve found. lol The Gwinnett taxes seem to be lower than, say Alpharetta, and yet the schools are very reputable.

What about building a custom home in the Atlanta metro area? I'm always entertaining the idea of building my dream home in the area. I notice lots of homes are described as having a "media room" or a "keeping room". I have no idea what those mean - a media room can be as simple as a computer desk with cable ready jacks or it can mean a full-on theater room with sound proof walls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 6,240 times
I live in Walton County by Walnut Grove and Jersey. Beautiful, quiet area with nice homes and Walnut Grove Elementary which is an excellent school. Lots of family activities. Good luck in your search

Old 05-30-2007, 08:44 PM

21 posts, read 119,609 times
Default Sprawl though?

Hi all, my hubby and I currently live in Stone Mountain area and are looking for someplace a little more rural and safe (we have drug dealers living across the street, seriously, and lots of "ghetto" areas nearby!) Gwinnett County looks good to us but I'm worried about sprawl being a problem in 5-10 years. I know it's hard to estimate but does it look like Grayson, Snellville or Suwannee (our target areas so far) are going to get super crowded or built up? I hate the "mcmansion" developments one sees all over these days and am looking for someplace with character and natural areas like meadows and streams. My number one priority is peace and quiet!

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Old 06-05-2007, 07:35 PM

91 posts, read 477,038 times
Default Great area. Renovation of Highway 20 in process.

We've lived here just over a year. We like it here, but unfortunately we are more than likely headed back to Jersey. Medical issues in family up there.
We're gonna be listing our house in a month or 2.
Just to give you an idea what you can buy here in Beautiful Gwinnett County, Lawrenceville/Grayson border.
We are on a 3/4 acre lot. House is approx.2600 sq ft. 4 bedroom 3 full bath. Cul-de-sac private community. (no association fees). Built in 1994. Tribble Mill Park is behind our house. Elem and middle schools are a half mile away.
We're looking to price somewhere between 225-250K. Haven't quite picked our point yet.
There's many newer builds around here for sale in the mid 250'sand up. but right on top of each other and no yard. (and I mean 10 feet away from your neighbor)
The area is very conveinant to other parts of Georgia.
Got any questions just ask. We've been here over a year now. We lived our whole life up in Jersey.
Good Luck

Old 04-21-2010, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,242 times
Stay out of Loganville, lots of drugs, crime, and backwoods hillbillies. Don't listen to these people trying to sucker you in to buy their homes so they can get out. It is a very dark and dangerous place full of crazy people. Go to Suwannee or John's Creek, you won't regret it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia