Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:12 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times

Advertisements

Sea Island, GA. It doesn't get any whiter than that.

Georgia Resorts and Spas - Sea Island - Coastal Georgia Luxury Resort Vacations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 07:25 PM

541 posts, read 2,138,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustabuckeye View Post
I think more and more, people are more interested in living with people that share their same values...Getting up and going to work each day, Working hard for your children, setting good examples, ensure that your children go to school each day, ensuring that they are respectful of each other.

Whether they are black, white, asian or hispanic...
Well that was my point, exactly! Who cares what race someone is??? I sure as heck don't. That's the way I was raised and how I choose to live my life...

Old 11-05-2009, 07:40 PM

199 posts, read 627,811 times
i think that when whodeytj started this thread, he/she was just trying to start shyt!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:57 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
I don't believe our role here is to offer value judgments. Besides, if the OP was asking for majority AA or Hispanic communities in south GA., you know darn well that no one would bat an eye.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:13 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,752 times
LovinDecatur, I disagree. I would have been offended by that also. This whole conversation is distasteful. It's 2009 for crying-out-loud.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:25 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,442,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I don't believe our role here is to offer value judgments. Besides, if the OP was asking for majority AA or Hispanic communities in south GA., you know darn well that no one would bat an eye.
Could not agree more. So many people are so eaten up with ideology nowadays that they are no longer able to distinguish common sense/human nature from theoretical agenda.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 PM

925 posts, read 2,607,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleite61 View Post
I am just curious as to WHY anyone would want to live in an area that has so few minorities and is 90% white??? I am a white female, btw, and do not understand this mindset...
It's because you're a product of politically-correct brainwashing, via the mainstream media, public schools, and the zog-influenced Hollywood "stars". It's not hard to figure out why you "do not understand this mindset".

Why, as a white female, would you not want to live around your people, your race? Not wanting to live around your race is very odd, in my opinion, especially when such means a higher quality of life, better aesthetically-looking neighborhoods, nicer schools, and lower crime.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
lol.......what's up with these generalized remarks? southernnaturelover thats not "saying it just how it is"
It is like that. I lived in a town that was roughly 50% black. It IS like that. People with experience with such are truly educated to speak on that which they know.

Quote:
Neighborhoods can be different regardless of who the majority is in the area. I would be more concerned about the income or social class of the area rather than race.
Name me more than ten low-crime, predominately black areas of over 20,000 population within the state of Georgia?

Quote:
My neighborhood is all black with the exception of one middle aged white couple, but majority middle/upper middle class blacks..........I'm pretty sure no one here would mind or care if anyone white moved in....and no one causes any problems for or shun that 1 white couple.
Your neighborhood was likely once predominately white, and the blacks moved in "with a vengeance" and turned it into a majority black neighborhood within ten years.

Quote:
Now of course we do have lower class black ghettos and white trailer park type areas where I'm sure other races wouldnt be "tolerated".....but it's not correct to act as if you can automatically determine things based on the racial make up of specific neighborhoods.
What is it with people around here automatically assuming that upper-class areas are tolerant of others not-like-themselves. It isn't more true for any particular demographic group. If lower-class people are generally less tolerant, and that's a big if, it's because they're the ones who are stuck living with other groups of people, as they can no longer afford to segregate themselves off, considering that section 8 and HUD tends to seep itself into these neighborhoods.

Quote:
When you're around a more highly educated, higher income area........I'm led to believe the communities as a whole don't care what color you are as long as you're decent people. Of course you may have some jerks, but they wont be the majority by any stretch.
Nonsense.

People of higher income generally don't have to contend with a diverse neighborhood, relatively speaking, so the few individuals of a different race within their neighborhood aren't seen as a threat to the neighborhood or community as a whole. As such, they're more at ease about the demographic situation. If the neighborhood begins to change, however, they're quick to leave.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepayne View Post
i think that when whodeytj started this thread, he/she was just trying to start shyt!!!
Why would you say that?

How many times have you seen, "I'm an African-American, and I'm looking for a diverse (code word: predominately black) area".

Why is is "starting s_ _ _" for a white person to desire to be around his own people?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
LovinDecatur, I disagree. I would have been offended by that also. This whole conversation is distasteful. It's 2009 for crying-out-loud.
"I mean, it's 2009, so people aren't allowed to have different points of view. After all, who cares about all the negatives associated with diversity, including the fact that people withdraw in diverse settings, as studies have revealed, or the fact that diverse (more non-white) settings are generally less kempt, have higher crime levels and poorer schools. That doesn't matter. It's 2009"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia