Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2007, 10:59 AM

511 posts, read 2,476,541 times

Advertisements

I want to send my prayers down to the people of South Georgia. I have a report that is due in school about the wildfire, before the summer classes begin. Is there anyone out there who lives in the affected counties, or possibly work for an agency ( fire department, wildfire commision, etc. ) that can provide me with information about the fire. What are all the counties that are directly affected, how far out are fire agency coming to help out, and why the fire hasnt been contained yet. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 04:52 PM

Exclamation Asthma Smoke Warning

Today Saturday May 12, 2007 as far north as Forsyth,GA and as far south as Orlando, FL smoke filled the skies from the South Georgia/North Florida Wildfire. Both the Georgia, and Florida Forestry Commision, along with the National Weather Service are advising that people with asthma like symptons within a 250-500 mile radius of the fire stay inside there homes, and drink as much water as possible. They are also advising that if u are going outside try to cover your mouth, and drink lots of water. The 30-40% chance of rain expecting within the radius is expected to clear up most of the smoke, if not you could possibly expect to see, breath, and smell more smoke tommorow.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:40 PM

111 posts, read 867,212 times
The main fire that you've heard of is in Ware County near Waycross. A huge area of the Okeefenokee Park was burned and the park has been closed to the public. There are a handful of other fires, including a large one in Brantley County which is east of Ware County. Apparently a couple of teenage boys were jealous that the Ware County school kids were out of school due to the fires, so they set their own fire.....twits!!!!! http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...es-Arrests.php

Old 05-17-2007, 01:56 PM

The warning that I spoke about earlier have been expanded to more cities including Charleston, SC Charlotte, NC, and even far out as Birmingham, AL, the smoke reached the Atlanta suburbs as early as Monday, and has gone past that to cover the skies in the cities mentioned above. 911 Dispatch offices have been bombarded with calls concerning the smoke, some people are thinking thats its terroristic bioharzards, and some are thinking that houses nearby them are on fire.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:22 AM

111 posts, read 867,212 times
We couldn't go outside at all yesterday. Visibility was low, smoke was thick, and everything was coated in ashes. It was difficult to breathe....I feel for those that have suffered through this for days on end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: