U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2007, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 6,226 times

Advertisements

can anyone help my family... we want to move to byron,or warner robins...and we just would like to know how the town is and good pediatricians,daycares,and a nice house 150's..i heard the schools are awesome.we our coming from florida where everything is outragous..we love to go to the beach and the mountains..how far...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 06:04 PM

123 posts, read 700,945 times
I grew up in Warner Robins. It is a great town. There are lots of jobs, very low crime ( just stay away from Macon ), and the people are friendly. The town has really grown in the last few years. My parents still live in the area ( Centerville ). Anywhere around Warner Robins, Byron, Perry are good places to live. The Warner Robins High football team used to be one of the best in the nation. Not sure if it is anymore since they built the new Houston Co. High and Coach Davis left.

You are centrally located, so a day trip to either the coast ( Savannah and barrier islands, or the north GA mountains is possible. Callaway Gardens is a great place to visit also. Good luck on your move!

Old 05-21-2007, 09:23 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,666,021 times
Default WR is nice and affordable

Currently live in Macon, but lived in WR for 2 years prior. Warner Robins is first and foremost a family town. Good quality daycare, doctors, etc are abundant. Byron is basically part of Warner Robins, but it is across the line in Peach County where schools are a bit more hit and miss, so if you go to Byron, check that out.

Travel time to various spots:
Macon 20-30 mins
Atlanta 2 hours (more or less depending on where in ATL because it is HUGE)
Savannah 2-2.5 hrs
Tybee Island 2.5-3 hrs
Mountains 2.5-4 hours depending on where
Panama City/Destin 4-5 hrs (maybe less if you drive faster than I did!)

For 150K you can find a nice newer house in a good subdivision without any problem albeit many of the lots are small. The farther south you go, the more land you get with your house, but as usual, the more traffic you must deal with to get to shopping, employment.

Come on up to Middle GA. I have a few friends from FL who recently came here from Orlando and Ft Lauderdale and they love it. (especially the amount of house you get for the money)

Old 05-31-2007, 08:24 AM

34 posts, read 122,924 times
Default Awesome Schools

If you heard about awesome schools then they were probably talking about Houston County High School, Warner Robins High School, Bonaire Middle School, and Feagin Middle School.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:10 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,286,281 times
Quote:
but it is across the line in Peach County where schools are a bit more hit and miss, so if you go to Byron, check that out.
Byron Elementary & Byron Middle School can hold their own up to Houston County schools any day of the week.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:42 PM

61 posts, read 331,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulsterscot View Post
I grew up in Warner Robins. It is a great town. There are lots of jobs, very low crime ( just stay away from Macon ),
Warner Robins is not a low crime area anymore. Here are some recent happenings in Warner Robins:

05/18/07 There was a Friday night carjacking near Macon State College which resulted in the theft of a vehicle and kidnapping of a 23 year old woman.

05/18/07 A man who was shot in the leg as he was walking on Camellia Circle.

05/21/07 A masked gunman robbed the Holiday Inn on Watson Boulevard

05/26/07 Two men robbed Andy’s Food Mart at gunpoint

The people who say avoid Macon but move to Warner Robins are not up-to-date on the current state of affairs in Warner Robins.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:56 PM
GP2

81 posts, read 968,429 times
I live in Warner Robins and its actually very simple...stay away from the ghetto neighborhoods (and, like it or not, there arent nearly as many in Houston county as in Bibb)......But since you are trying to compair, check the crime in Macon on the same dates and I bet there`ll be alot more than what you posted....

Old 06-01-2007, 10:24 AM

634 posts, read 2,745,837 times
The area is nice, very family oriented and has a great sense of community.

Schools are very nice and new. This area [W.R. and Byron] are booming, so they have many new, high tech and excellent schools. High school sports are big there.

You are about a 1.5 hr. drive to Atlanta, 2.5 hr. drive to Savannah/Georgia Coast, 1.25 hr. drive to Columbus, 1.75 hr. drive to Valdosta, 4 hr. drive to Florida Panhandle Beaches, 2.75 hr. drive to Montgomery, 3 hr. drive to Birmingham and so on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or