U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:54 AM

1,996 posts, read 1,687,916 times

Advertisements

nga best post of thread.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:01 AM

155 posts, read 156,869 times
Wow did people forget about Augusta.. A large majority of affluent blacks in Augusta, I know for sure live in the Belair Estates community

Old 06-05-2019, 07:10 AM

2 posts, read 665 times
I have a family of 6. 4 children and my husband and I we are looking to relocate to Georgia but are looking to move near educated black and high school ratings, a gated community with complexes to keep our kids educated. We want them to see a community we’re less crime and blacks are successful. Education overall is number 1 in our home. I am a registered BSN Nurse. My husband works at a caterpillar... we also loved to eat at new places and would like to be near shopping centers... but love beautiful views.
Thank you any ideas?!

Old 06-05-2019, 12:07 PM

1,497 posts, read 990,443 times
I would not consider Augusta a center of black affluence. Not in the least. I am familiar with the Belair Estates neighborhood as relatives lived there for years, at most you maybe had a few black families who lived there..hardly a mecca if black affluence. Augusta has a 60% black population but also a very high black poverty rate. But Augusta is not alone, same for Savannah, Macon, Columbus and Albany. Atlanta is really the only place in Georgia where you can point to a concentration of black wealth, especially the southwest suburbs around Cascade.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:01 AM

1,273 posts, read 750,465 times
North Fulton and Forsyth county has a good bit of well-off people. It's a mixture in those areas, but I wouldn't say those areas are accepting of African-Americans. In fact, Oprah Winfrey had a show air I believe in 1986 where she had white people from Forsyth county express their feelings about black people living in Forsyth county. It wasn't nice at all.
Atlanta or Cascade would be the safest bet.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:22 AM

23,120 posts, read 36,512,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
North Fulton and Forsyth county has a good bit of well-off people. It's a mixture in those areas, but I wouldn't say those areas are accepting of African-Americans. In fact, Oprah Winfrey had a show air I believe in 1986 where she had white people from Forsyth county express their feelings about black people living in Forsyth county. It wasn't nice at all.
Oh, please. That ancient episode of Oprah in NO WAY reflects the character of Forsyth County in this day and age. Quite the contrary.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:08 AM

1,027 posts, read 449,107 times
Quote:

It is now 2019 in case you didn't know.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:50 AM

1,497 posts, read 990,443 times
Forsythe county has changed tremendously in the past 33 years. It's nothing like that anymore

Old 06-07-2019, 03:07 PM

176 posts, read 91,946 times
Quote:
North Fulton is fine but i don’t know about Forsyth because i’ve never been there.

Old 06-07-2019, 04:16 PM

4,822 posts, read 1,780,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Oh, please. That ancient episode of Oprah in NO WAY reflects the character of Forsyth County in this day and age. Quite the contrary.
I'll take your word for it.

Unless I'm headed back home on I-75, my car doesn't go north of an Alpharetta-Kennesaw line. I'll take my chances with the Black Belt counties South of Atlanta any day.

To answer the other poster's question, while it's not an affluent city overall, Columbus surprisingly is amongst the top 10 cities in the country for black households making $100K+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsherman123 View Post
I have a family of 6. 4 children and my husband and I we are looking to relocate to Georgia but are looking to move near educated black and high school ratings, a gated community with complexes to keep our kids educated. We want them to see a community we’re less crime and blacks are successful. Education overall is number 1 in our home. I am a registered BSN Nurse. My husband works at a caterpillar... we also loved to eat at new places and would like to be near shopping centers... but love beautiful views.
Thank you any ideas?!
Eagles Landing in Henry County might be a good fit for you.

Last edited by citidata18; 06-07-2019 at 04:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or