U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 04:57 PM

13 posts, read 72,672 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering moving to Vidalia to set up a healthcare practice? We are torn about the area, and would like some general info on the area. Is it growing? How are the people? The Schools? Safe? Anything to do?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 06:58 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,242,075 times
Thumbs up From City-data/Homepage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddison8 View Post
My wife and I are considering moving to Vidalia to set up a healthcare practice? We are torn about the area, and would like some general info on the area. Is it growing? How are the people? The Schools? Safe? Anything to do?
Thanks!
I think Vidalia is in South Central GA. On the map it was between Dublin and Metter---I doubt that the are is growing much.

I imagine the schools are struggling--probably pretty safe.
Somewhere in this vicinty is Reidsville Correctional Institute--out in the middle of nowhere.
I think logging was once a major industry in this area.

You can research towns/cities/communities at the City-data Homepage.

Vidalia, GA>>>
//www.city-data.com/city/Vidalia-Georgia.html

A tour of the area would answer many of your questions.

The greatest growth and development seems to be in the northern part of the state. Significant growth west of Atlanta--Douglasville, Villa Rica, McDonough and Conyers.

sls

Old 05-23-2007, 08:02 AM

128 posts, read 291,735 times
Hi , I was born and raised in the area surrounding Vidalia. Been there many times to shop and eat. Yes , Vidalia is growing. It has many places to eat , shopping , doctors , dentists , a hospital. I don't know anything about the schools there as I have never been nor had children to go to school there.

Vidalia has the annual Sweet Onion Festival. Savannah is 90 miles away for those who would like or need a larger city to shop or visit. I don't think there is much to do in Vidalia. It would be ideal for an older retired couple. But does have a lot of youger people there.

Here are some links. Check them out. The second link is the better one I think.

http://www.vidaliageorgia.com/ (broken link)

http://www.vidaliaga.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vidalia,_Georgia

Old 06-17-2007, 12:25 PM

26 posts, read 99,219 times
Default any thoughts on Vidalia

Vidalia is a great place to be. We are growing and have a good hospital. Patients come from all over to see our doctors. I will try to answer any of your questions.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:38 PM

5 posts, read 33,327 times
I'm a resident of vidalia, georgia. Vidalia is a growing place, the schools are great ( not struggling ), and if you prefer private schools, there is one here also. There is plenty to do, and the people are some of the nicest you can meet. If you're looking for a nice house, the housing market is very moderately priced too.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 AM

5,888 posts, read 16,323,284 times
Sweet Onion Cinema. Is it open?

Old 07-17-2007, 03:27 AM

3,772 posts, read 9,709,758 times
Default Paul Anderson:strong Man With A Big Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose1 View Post
Vidalia is a great place to be. We are growing and have a good hospital. Patients come from all over to see our doctors. I will try to answer any of your questions.
Is the Paul Anderson Youth Home still there? What an incredible humanitarian this gentleman(Paul) was.The strongest man in history and the compassion he had for young men by wanting to help and console with them.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM

26 posts, read 99,219 times
Default noland123

Yes, the Youth Home is still open and going strong. The Home has truly been a blessing for many young men.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:31 PM

4 posts, read 13,606 times
How is the winter temperature in Vidalia? Is there problem with knats or no see ems in that area? Are there good golf courses and affordable to play? My wife and I are from Calhoun,Ga and are living close to Tampa. We have been here 6 years but the cost of insurance and property taxes are too expensive. We both miss our roots but want to stay away from too cold of weather, Thanks,

Old 05-09-2009, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 6,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddison8 View Post
Thanks!
Vidalia is a great place to live. It has lots of places to shop and to eat! We have great schools. Our town has grown majority in my lifetime. When I was little we only had McDonalds and Western Steakhouse. Now we have all kinds of eating places. We also have some of the nicest people in the world after all we are southerns. We are getting a new hospital. There are lots of little quine shops to visit. We are also only about an hour and a half from Macon and Sav. If there is not enough here for you we have it just down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or