Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 12:37 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,213,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Dawg View Post

Now, having said all of that, here is Redneck Dreamland:

Vidalia, Lyons, Soperton, Tarrytown, Mount Vernon, Glenwood, Alston, Baxley, Reidsville, McRae, Alamo, Uvalda, Cobbtown, Metter, Kight, Oak Park (really Redneck) and most any area within 50 miles of these towns.
Yeh that's about right.

But you're misguided in your efforts to slander the education system and complain of the "lack of opportunity".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 03:54 PM

119 posts, read 297,143 times
Dublin for sure, isn't that where the redneck games are held??

Old 01-30-2010, 07:01 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,888,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agmx999 View Post
Searched other post couldn't find answer. I'm a single white male 28 years old from North Carolina, thinking of moving to Georgia for several months to a year. I love fishing, camping, hunting, 4 wheelin and only country music. Redneck but not racist. Looking for a town with lots of fun loving good ole boys, down home women and obviously places to fish, camp and go wheelin. Moving soon so any info. would be great. Thanks

so........any luck yet??????

Old 02-02-2010, 07:53 PM

6 posts, read 26,565 times
Thanks to everyone who responded. I've been researching everywhere like crazy. Looks like I'm going to go to Alabama for awhile ( job oppurtunity) but I'll be traveling as much as possible to Georgia and all around Alabama as well. Thanks again

Old 02-04-2010, 07:19 PM

44 posts, read 244,531 times
Default South Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
Yeh that's about right.

But you're misguided in your efforts to slander the education system and complain of the "lack of opportunity".
I have to politely disagree with you. If there is an abundance of opportunity, I don't know where it would be. There is Plant Hatch in Baxley, the State Prisons, some family-owned banks, a few factories in the region, some car dealerships, restaurants, stores and hotels. But, unless you're from this area and managed to get a good job early in the game...... or you are bringing quite a bit of capital to start a business, there truly is not much opportunity in this area.

Now, if you decide to open a restaurant with an all-you-can-eat buffet that includes fried chicken, fried pork chops, fried everything, collards, turnips, butter beans, corn and mashed potatoes.....and, you make the price really cheap.....then yes, you have an opportunity. However, your waitresses will NOT have an opportunity because folks down here are very cheap tippers or they don't tip at all.

A young person who graduates from high school would definitely need to leave to get a proper college education and find a good career, unless they are going into a family-owned business.

In addition, the education system down here does have problems, especially the Montgomery County area. However, that is not the only problem down here.

There is a lot of corruption and fraud in these rural communities, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. I have never seen so many people who "don't have a job", but who seem to live very well and drive very nice vehicles. Many of them supposedly work for themselves, but then again, what are they actually doing? The money is coming from somewhere and I won't get into that discussion........

Look at the growth rate in these communities and look at the quality of health......If you're from larger cities and states as we are, it's easy to see all of this. If you're from this area, a person might be in denial about the state of affairs here, but this is not the land of opportunity.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,890 times
Cuthbert or Shellman Ga. Everyone knows everybody plenty of land for sale, tons of 4wheeler land and we only have 1 redlight. extremely hick place to live

Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,679 times
looking for a small town in southern ga that has a school there for my children am looking to move from nh am tired of the snow been here 33 years am looking for a change in atmosphere

Old 01-03-2011, 08:12 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,508,711 times
a "possun drop"? Thank God the Feds built us I-95 so we can pass Georgia!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:22 AM

575 posts, read 1,190,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campkrazy View Post
Pine Mt.
We have FDR state park.Great camping. Good sites up on the mt for tent/pups or good sites down by the lake for any type camping.

Our boys drive to Thomaston to a place where you pay 20$ for a day of ATV riding.Its about 30 min from PM.Then there are folks who have land if you hook-up with there kids.

30 min form West Point lake where you have camping and great fishing,skiing,boating and so fourth.

Country living.Just good ole boys and folks.

30 to Columbus.
Also home of callway Gardens.

Troup County also has some monster size Whitetails.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 AM

575 posts, read 1,190,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
a "possun drop"? Thank God the Feds built us I-95 so we can pass Georgia!

Happy to know you don't stop! Always feel free to just keep on driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia