U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:05 AM

138 posts, read 567,764 times

Advertisements

You can get a mobile home or a really small house on "Ok" water on Hartwell for 200k-300k. That's about as low as I've seen.

Like most others have said though usually 100k won't even get you a lot near the water on most lakes in GA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 08:41 AM
KMK

80 posts, read 314,534 times
Hate to say it but even in the backwards state of Alabama the dumps on the lake are still very high priced. Some of our waterways have questionable swimming. There was an article a few weeks ago about questioning whether swimming in the Tennessee River was ok or not? Basically I think it stated it was probably ok. Not very reassuring. But if you look at the garbage that line our roadsides here in N Alabama, not telling what folks have dumped in the river. I wish you loads of luck in finding something. Sometimes there are some desperate situations so don`t give up yet!!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:49 PM
KMK

80 posts, read 314,534 times
Any good schools in Washington GA? Where on the net could I take a peek at the area you describe? I have looked at some new areas on lake Oconee but they almost seem like urban communities on the lake. But the cost of housing in amazing! I would like a quiet town but one not too far from civilization. I live in a very small isolated town in Ala now and ready to get away from total isolation also. There is absolutely nothing to do in this area in N Ala and getting away means very boring long day trips. Ready for a change. I visited the Clemson area in SC and it was very appealing but prices have escalated there also.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:16 PM

35 posts, read 153,384 times
Try Lake Russell. It is the same lake as Lake Hartwell - only below the Hartwell dam. It is not as expensive (because it is not dockable), but I have a subdivision with a community pier and a boat ramp across the street. So, you can find situations which are just as good as living on a dockable lake at half the price. Also, there is a unique community on Lake Hartwell called View Point which is RV lots with a dock and water access. Can get those pretty inexpensively if all you are looking for is a small vacation spot.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:49 AM

7 posts, read 19,870 times
KMK..thanks for your interest in NE Georgia...I'm seeing lots on Lake Thurmond/Clarks Hill Lake starting at $30K. You can read up on our marvelous area at city_movie2 (broken link) and also at Historic Washington, Georgia - Home (http://www.washingtongeorgia.net - broken link)

Come visit, too!!

Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 PM

650 posts, read 1,358,047 times
you can buy lakefront grave lots for $7500

Old 09-23-2007, 09:42 AM

15 posts, read 46,183 times
You can get a nice home (with dock) on Lake Hartwell for $400K and up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or