Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:21 AM

13 posts, read 51,672 times

Advertisements

Hi.Its so nice to talk to some georgians!!We are planning a move to woodstock soon and I have a couple of questions.What are considered the better elementary schools in woodstock?also is there a gym or fitness center nearby?Do you ever get snow?And also we are looking for a larger home[not new]in the 170s or 180s with atleast an acre of land that is in a family friendly area oe even on the outskirts would be fine, either one.Where would you recommend?I absolutely love your area an the people are so friendly!!Thanks for any help you can give me..........Artflamingo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2006, 05:16 PM

19 posts, read 119,437 times
Hi Art

Nice to hear you are moving up this way. I live about 5 miles North of Woodstock in Holly Springs. It very rarely snow here, but we did get a few flakes of snow on February 5th this year. There is a golds gym and a YMCA in Woodstock. We are also close to Lake Allatoona and the North GA mountains if you like the outdoors.

Bascomb Elementary and Mountain Road Elementary are pretty good schools. Check out my website, it will give you some pretty useful information! Let me know if you have any other questions! Brent

Old 02-22-2006, 11:48 AM

Thank you so much brentbotes!!Do you like your area?what are the good things and what dont you like??So glad to talk to you!!

Old 02-27-2006, 09:49 AM

would really like any info you could give me...Anyone??

Old 02-28-2006, 01:24 PM

19 posts, read 119,437 times
Default Woodstock

Hi Art,

Sorry I have been aloof! We absolutely love Woodstock and the Canton area. It feels like you are in the country, but yet close enough to the city of Atlanta. The people are great and one has all the conveniences at your disposal.

If you are in to the outdoors, then one couldn't ask for a better place. We are 45 minutes from the North Georgia Mnts, and we live about 2 miles from lake Allatoona. There is a wonderful reknowned Mnt Bike Trail, Blanket Creek just off Sixes Rd and much more.

What don't I like about woodstock.....hmmmm?? Not a whole bunch. I wouldn't move from Cherokee County even if you paid me.

Hope that is of some help!!

Brent

Old 03-02-2006, 10:48 AM

4 posts, read 15,439 times
Default moving is in a stall

It looks like you are in the same real estate area as we are, near Tampa, are you experiencing a stagnant market? I just put my house on the market three weeks ago and I haven't had one showing...I am excited to move to north ga too, but I might have to wait longer than I anti****ted.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:57 AM

Hi ted,Not sure about the sell end yet.I am south of tampa a bit.My house isnt on the market yet but expected to do well.Like most in my area the house has tripled in value but we bought it at steal..so we'll see.Where in Georgia are you lokking to move to?I just love the state and cant wait to get some seasons again.I also like the style of homes there and how much you get for your money[A basement again..what a concept,haha] .I certainly will miss my beach though..how about you?

Old 03-05-2006, 07:33 PM

4 posts, read 15,439 times
Default yes, will miss the beach

got great colort on my face today playing on the beach with my dog, so yes I will miss the beach....but I won't miss the threat of sharks or alligators in the waters...looking forward to a nice cool lake with nothing to bite me. North Georgia will be my next home, I'm sure, just will take time, insurance issues have been scaring a few buyers in Florida.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:07 PM

67 posts, read 237,052 times
Bascomb and Boston Elementary are good or so I have heard from my friend...Yes there are tons of gyms (Crunch, Fitness 19, Gold's Gym, Curves) its pretty metropolitan in Woodstock now. Urban Sprawl and all, especially in the Towne Lake area. Snow...very rarely. Maybe once a year or a handful of times tops. This year I don't remember it snowing it all.

HTH,

Julie

Old 06-13-2007, 02:07 PM

8 posts, read 38,015 times
I am originally from Tampa, went to Academy of the Holy Names on Bayshore. I've been here for 19 years. My office (Removed) was off Hwy 92 in Woodstock. My in-laws live in Towne Lake, I love that area. But we've settled in to Dallas in Paulding County after 8 years in Kennesaw. Woodstock is a great area to live in, Towne Lake is a good community. There are several subdivisions you can buy in for around $200,000. I worked out at BodyPlex while I worked there. I liked it better than Gold's.

Last edited by xxman777; 06-13-2007 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: Realtor Advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia