Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 06:42 PM

22 posts, read 94,251 times

Advertisements

ddfan - I would love to plan a visit sooner rather than later! We have had our house up for sale since May but nothing yet. If we do make the move it probably won't be until after the 1st of the year. We are in Sugar Pond, where is your house you are selling? My husband and I both liked the Cumming area but the Acworth area seems to be very nice as well. We have 4 kids (13,12,3 & 1) so we are focusing more on neighborhood and schools. I would love to talk to you more - I'm going to send you a pm. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2006, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,963 times
I recently moved to the Cumming Georgia area from South Florida and it does take some getting used to. I have yet to find a decent place to eat Italian food anywhere around here. The area is nice, but gettin crowded. You sound very nice. Maybe we can get together off line sometime.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:34 PM

722 posts, read 3,316,006 times
is there a Jewish presence in Forsyth county?

Old 07-29-2006, 07:35 PM

722 posts, read 3,316,006 times
is there a Jewish presence in Forsyth county?

Old 07-29-2006, 08:11 PM

13 posts, read 12,529 times
Yes - small, but definately growing!! From what I understand, there are many people heading to Cumming from S.Fla, NY, CT, MA, etc. I am hopeful!!!

Old 08-02-2006, 11:34 AM

66 posts, read 347,019 times
Hi Were Looking Into Cumming And Canton Were In Orlando Now But Ready To Move We Sold Our House And Want A Change .a Bit Cooler Weather .we Were Up There In March Really Liked The Areas Ddfan Have You Checked Out Vickery Or Concord Farms Nice I Think It Was 20 And Post Road . Well Good Luck .

Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,979 times
Default GA Bagels & Pizza

We moved from New York 2 1/2 years ago and thought we'd never find a good slice of pizza or a decent bagel. We actually had a friend Fed Ex a dozen bagels when we first came down here.

We are thrilled that a gentleman and his wife, from the Bronx actually opened BBs Bagels (where that had once stood an old fashioned diner) on McFarland, between Route 9 and GA 400. They are actually hand rolled bagels, which you have trouble stiff finding in New York, and delicious.

As for Pizza, we tried them all, and I had settled for the fact that frozed DiGorno was better than any pizza place down here, until we happend on a little place (I think the name is Calabria) in the corner of an L shaped shopping center with a Publix at the intersection of Route 9 just south of Post Rd. Not bad for Georgia. We've decided we can stay here now and not be deprived of New York Cuisine.

I hope this helps.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,102,565 times
I'm from Ohio, and our pizza is a little different from New York - not quite as thin as NY, but not as thick as Chicago's - it's kind of like the thickness of Pizza Hut Pan Pizza in your typical Celveland pizza place. Good Italian is hard to find here, but I do enjoy Biba's in Cumming, over off of 141, and I do have a couple of Italian friends who have given it their approval. Ippolito's in Suwanee is also good IMHO, although my wife does not like it. As far as pizza, I tried a place called Alessio's the other day over on McGinnis Ferry and I thought that it was one of the best pizzas I had eaten in a long time - obviously pizza is subjective, but I liked it. My favorite down here, however, is Pepperoni's in Duluth on Buford Hwy. - the owner is from Detroit and makes a good pizza like you might get in Cleveland or Detroit, sort of like Jet's Pizza for those who have lived in Detroit. For me, however, no pizza will ever compare to Longo's Pizza in Mentor Ohio (especially before they changed their ovens in the late 1980's - it never tasted the same since!).

Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 AM

21 posts, read 48,583 times
It's a little far from you but if you're ever near Monroe, there is a place called Rocky's Pizzaria and Grill. The owner is originally from Brooklyn and the pizza is great! Good luck!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:26 PM

91 posts, read 476,995 times
Default Pizza and Bagels

Lived at the Jersey Shore for decades. Jenkinsons Pizza. Puhleaze!
Anyways....Down here it took a while but i found a decent slice @ the Gwinnett Mall (foodcourt) I think the place is called Romans or something. It's not bad. You can fold it, it has just the right amount of Cheese and they have many selections. I only get the Plain or the Pepperoni. It's like $3 a slice too.
I just got back Jersey. I brought a dozen back on the plane with me. Feel sorry for the other passengers that shared the overhead with me.
TO ALL STORES THAT SELL ROLLS WITH HOLES IN THEM......This is not a bagel. It's just a roll with a hole in the middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia