Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:26 PM

24 posts, read 106,006 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about this community?

It looks nice, but not sure about the area, people, schools, shopping and so on.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 07:09 PM

88 posts, read 511,606 times
Honestly, I think this is an odd community. I'm saying this as a house perspective, I do not know anyone who lives there. My husband and I looked at this area several years ago (2000/2001) and then moved away from the area. After we moved back to Atlanta we went to Governor's Preserve and it didn't look as though they had done very much building in 5-6 years compared to everywhere else. Plus, it seemed as though ALOT of houses were for sale. The community didn't look like they had planned for it to turn out. Not sure if there was a lack of funding or somthing happened with the developer. But something didn't look right.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:15 AM

15 posts, read 68,149 times
The subdivision looks great on the internet. We are also looking at Harmony on the Lakes and Woodmont. Do you have any information on these?

Old 01-10-2007, 06:28 AM

86 posts, read 437,887 times
I would honestly tell you to stay away from Harmony on the lakes!!! Builders that are in there are not quality builders. Your better going with Woodmont!! I live about a mile from Woodmont and it is hard to find many homes in there for re-sale, which means people must love that community and John Wieland does build a great home.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:11 AM

15 posts, read 68,149 times
Thanks. We have pretty much decided on Canton, but are trying to narrow down the subdivisions we are interested in. We will be looking around at the end of the month and want to have a better idea of where to look.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:17 AM

88 posts, read 511,606 times
Woodmont is very nice. We had looked there also.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:43 PM

22 posts, read 105,012 times
Default MCCar Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginnova View Post
Thanks. We have pretty much decided on Canton, but are trying to narrow down the subdivisions we are interested in. We will be looking around at the end of the month and want to have a better idea of where to look.
Whatever you do stay away from a McCar Home. Research the posts and you will see why. Look under "Anyone dealt with McCar Homes".

Old 01-11-2007, 10:17 AM

15 posts, read 64,791 times
Have you looked at Carmichael Farms??? We just moved here from NJ and love it. It is still very new but everything seems to be moving along well. It will have an equestiran center with riding arena, family fun pool, fitness center, indoor toddler room and lots of other stuff. Great builders too! We bought from Jeremy Rutenburg & associates and couldn't be happier. Very reputable builder ... Check it out!

Old 01-11-2007, 01:21 PM

93 posts, read 393,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2angels View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about this community?

It looks nice, but not sure about the area, people, schools, shopping and so on.

Thanks.
I have driven through there a few times and my mouth drops! BEAUTIFUL!!! I love living up here in Canton and away from the big city. Plenty of shopping, more schools are going up, and the people have been accepting! Nice people around here! The ONLY downfall is Hwy 20. This community is off of the only major road in and out of that subdivision (mine is too.) It can be rough in the mornings and evenings. But, I still LOVE that area and love Canton.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 PM

1 posts, read 8,047 times
Default Governors preserve

We just bought a house in governors preserve, we are moving 2/1 from Boca raton Florida. the Community is beautiful and you get so much more house for your money compared to Florida. We also looked at Woodmont I loved the clubhouse but the houses did not compare to the ones in governors preserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia