Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 7,385 times

Advertisements

I have to work in Dalton, Ga. I am 22 years old and I would like to find an area to live that has some city-like features with a mixed population, but not too far from my job. I am thinking about moving to Adairsville. What are your opinions about this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 11,406 times
Default adairsville

We lived in Adairsville for 5 years. There's not much there. Grocery store, banks, a few fast food places.... thats about it.

If you have a problem with rednecks... its not a good place. Adairsville is full of what some call good ole boys. Its increasing in population but is still full of those who enjoy hunting, fishing, etc.

Its not a bad place to live... its just not the right place to be if you want to be in a larger town with more to do and more diverse people.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:23 PM

2 posts, read 9,239 times
I have lived in Adairsville for 26 years. My children are in Adairsville Elementary School. There are all types of people here. We like it here. Adairsville is growing very fast now!

Old 02-17-2008, 06:07 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,262,305 times
You're not going to find much that's "city-like" in Adairsville- I think they talled buildings there are 2 stories, and those are on the little shopping strip by the train depot. It's a quaint little "town", but definitely not "city-like".

Old 02-17-2008, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 14,313 times
Default Adairsville is a joke

The local government is run by a mail man, a dumb-ass truck driver (who's the mayor pro-tem), a meat cutter, a state employee, and a real-estate agent. They all have a combined government experience of 3 years. The group of elderly citizens who try and run the town have done so, by running it in the ground. One in particular has been a resident for 10 yrs. and he acts like he's lived here his entire life. He creates more trouble and distrubance than anyone in town...and he claims to be a christian...yeah right. The truck driver councilman thinks the Roberts Rule of Order, is a way to order biscuits and gravy.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 14,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykbl View Post
I have lived in Adairsville for 26 years. My children are in Adairsville Elementary School. There are all types of people here. We like it here. Adairsville is growing very fast now!
Growing fast?? You call a new Cracker Barrell and a few new fast food places growing fast. Maybe the area around you is growing fast, causing more people to use our streets and growd our schools. Adairsville, is one of the poorest towns in Bartow County - we need better growth, which means better jobs than Zaxby's, etc.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,750 times
Default Adairsville

The town is growing but it depends on what type of person you are and want to be around. I was born here and graduated here and was always on the outside looking in at people that were not like me and that I did not want to associate with. And no the tallest building in town is 3 stories with basement. And if you want history besides the fact that Bobbi Cox lives in my old Jim Walter house. Then you should have visited back before Barnsley Gardens was a golf resort. That's when it was undeveloped land that still held civil war reenactments and everyone knew that the Dudley Barton & Sons funeral house on top of the hill participated in the Under Ground Railroad with a passage that went from inside the house down in the wall to a tunnel that came out at the edge of the road, now since boarded up. And that the Oaks Plantation also had a secret passage to hide blacks and also where the Food Lion is now was actually a hill with another historical house on top that was used as a Union Soldiers hospital during the Civil War, this is also why the town was spared from being burned during the Civil War but you will not here that from the locals. As, I believe they are all ignorant and those that are not have long since moved out or have died. Now they have grown just to the point of being overrun by rednecks and white trash. So, if hunting, fishing, being trashy and racist sounds like you, then by all means this is your new home. But, if not keep going south on highway 75 or 41 which ever you prefer until you actually find a city. Good day to all and travel as you should know there is a great big world out there and I plan on seeing it all. JewinGA not Adairsville.

Last edited by jewinGA; 08-26-2015 at 12:35 PM..

Old 08-26-2015, 02:19 PM

23,298 posts, read 43,744,365 times
You might want consider Chattanooga. Close to Dalton and IMO a great city. Even Atlantans like to make weekend haunts up there.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:15 PM

36,962 posts, read 40,892,726 times
OP was 7 1/2 years ago, folks.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:50 PM

283 posts, read 372,677 times
I hate to say it, but threads should be automatically closed after a certain period, so things like this don't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia