Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,885 times

Advertisements

Don't do it. I have lived all across the US and let me be the first to tell you the bible belt people in Northern GA are hard to live with extremely narrow minded. With a bless your heart they can say anything they want about you. The general contractors are a bunch of crooks, the town very cliquish, the schools suck bad, let me just tell you do your research. I walked away from 1.5 mil to get out my sanity was worth a hell of a lot more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 01:24 PM

483 posts, read 2,093,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrypeople View Post
Don't do it. I have lived all across the US and let me be the first to tell you the bible belt people in Northern GA are hard to live with extremely narrow minded. With a bless your heart they can say anything they want about you. The general contractors are a bunch of crooks, the town very cliquish, the schools suck bad, let me just tell you do your research. I walked away from 1.5 mil to get out my sanity was worth a hell of a lot more.
I can see why you've lived 'all across the US'. Probably haven't been all that welcomed wherever you go, I'd suspect. Why is that someone else's fault?

Old 12-15-2007, 04:14 PM

383 posts, read 722,415 times
Gainesville is a very nice area, but look for traffic and everything else to get worst before it gest better. Atlanta is inching closer and closer to gainesville

Old 12-20-2007, 10:44 AM

16 posts, read 78,245 times
Santaluzmom,

I live in Jackson County (Jefferson) which is only about a 20-25 minute drive from Gainsville. I go to Gainsville often for my son's doctor. I find the area to be very busy and the Mexican population is very obvious. We too have a boat and love to use it in the summer, although not at Lake lanier. We travel north to Lake Hartwell, and love it! You may want to look at the Jefferson City area it has excellent schools, everyone is friendly and very well mannered. The community is basically filled with families wanting the best schools. New Homes can go anywhere from 140 and up. I bought a 6/3 for 168 and we are very happy.

Jefferson is basically located between Gainsville and Athens, downside...you will need to travel to either or in order to go shopping. We only have several stores in the area...Kroger, Bells and Food Lion are the main ones. We also have the Tanger Outlets in Commerce which is also a 20 minute drive.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.....

Old 01-16-2008, 03:54 PM

22 posts, read 76,925 times
Default Realtor

Gainesville is a nice area. However there are many towns close by that have a great deal of appeal.

Be sure to check out Suwanee, Sugar Hill, and Flowery Branch. I just posted some information on my blog about Sugar Hill if you are interested.

North Atlanta Real Estate

Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 16,613 times
Ok, I grew up in Cumming, but had a Gainesville address and have always lived on the lake, my advice is to look for a home in Keith Bridge area of Forsyth County...your daughter would go to North Forsyth High School and I went there and when I was there it was the best school in the state! Great people, Great teachers, and safe area and very close to shops! Yes, if you move to Gaiensville you will think you traveled to Little Mexico, but you can find some of the BEST mexican food! Stay in Forsyth County despite our histroy :-) You cans till get a good spot on the lake!

Old 01-20-2008, 07:31 AM

6 posts, read 49,730 times
Why would you have to say something so racist, not all black people are bad

Old 01-20-2008, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 6,568 times
Default Bad information

OK, first of all, Gainesville does not reach anywhere near Forsyth County. How do I know, born and raised there baby! As were both parents. Yes there is a large hispanic influx but it's hardly dominant. Get your facts straight! As for Lake Lanier, yes it is dry today but this is a real rarity. It does go up and down with the seasons but to be so low is very unusual. Again, remember that the entire southeast is in a VERY serious drought! Lake Lanier ad I were born in the same year - 1958. It's only been this low twice!

Old 01-20-2008, 11:52 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,100,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBexar View Post
OK, first of all, Gainesville does not reach anywhere near Forsyth County. How do I know, born and raised there baby! As were both parents. Yes there is a large hispanic influx but it's hardly dominant. Get your facts straight! As for Lake Lanier, yes it is dry today but this is a real rarity. It does go up and down with the seasons but to be so low is very unusual. Again, remember that the entire southeast is in a VERY serious drought! Lake Lanier ad I were born in the same year - 1958. It's only been this low twice!
Um, native or not, I hate to tell you, but the east portion of Forsyth County by the lake has a Gainesville address, and Gainesville is just over Browns Bridge Rd. from Forsyth County.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 PM

10 posts, read 40,013 times
Default We have loved Gainesville

We have lived in Gainesville for 4 yrs and we love it. We are teachers in the city system and contrary to what you hear the Gainesville city school system seems to be sought after. It is a model observed by atlanta districts and has been recognized nationally. Many parents pay to send their children to the district when they live in the county. We unfortunately have to move back to FL as our parents are aging but we have loved it here and found it to be one of our favorite places we have lived.

Our house is for sale in a highly desired community if you are in need of housing. Visit the link below to learn more about our house.

Gainesville Georgia, Gainesville Georgia Real Estate, Gainesville Georgia Homes, Hall County Georgia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia