U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:16 PM

3 posts, read 6,915 times

Advertisements

You may want to check out Flowery Branch. We relocated recently from Washington and have found it quite charming. We chose to live in Sterling on the Lake. They offer lots of activities for the whole family, (tennis, hiking trails, pool with slide, canoe/ kayaks. It is about 7 miles from the Mall of GA and several new stores/ restaurants have just opened up to support the community. ( Kohls, Target, Home Depot, TJMAXX)Homes range from 200k to over a million. Feel free to email me if you have questions, I am a Hall county Realtor) Jlf0220@aol.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 02:49 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,510,054 times
Okay, if you are part of the true spiritual Body of Christ people of different skin color shouldn't scare you. Remember we all came from Adam and Eve. Also, culture is manmade. Take it from me okay? I am lilly white-skinned/caucasian and my husband a causcasian but we adopted two African-American babies at birth.

Here's what I've learned: Children are like empty chalkboards when they come into this world (remember the verses about God forming us in our mother's wombs?) They are what they hear and see and what choices they make -the old sin nature. That is truth. The love of our Lord (see Corinthians) is supposed to keep us free of fear and prejudice. Don't allow your lack of experience to make you the stereotype. Just love!!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadybug View Post
Okay, if you are part of the true spiritual Body of Christ people of different skin color shouldn't scare you. Remember we all came from Adam and Eve. Also, culture is manmade. Take it from me okay? I am lilly white-skinned/caucasian and my husband a causcasian but we adopted two African-American babies at birth.

Here's what I've learned: Children are like empty chalkboards when they come into this world (remember the verses about God forming us in our mother's wombs?) They are what they hear and see and what choices they make -the old sin nature. That is truth. The love of our Lord (see Corinthians) is supposed to keep us free of fear and prejudice. Don't allow your lack of experience to make you the stereotype. Just love!!

That sounds all warm and fuzzy jadybug, but it's just not true. We didn't all come from Adam and Eve. All of the other races were created in Genesis 1:25. The word "Adam" in the original Hebrew language in which the Bible was written, means "ruddy, ability to blush/show blood in the face". There is only 1 race of people to whom this applies..the white race. Genesis 5:1 tells us this(the Bible) is the book of the generations(offspring) of ADAM, meaning the generations of the white race. Remember when God put enmity(hatred) between the seed (offspring) of the woman(Eve) and the seed(offspring) of the serpent (satan) in Genesis 3:15? It was from this seed of the woman (Eve) that the 12 tribes of Israel (God's chosen people) came. And from this seedline also came Jesus Christ. Yes, He was white too. Also look at the word "stranger" as it used in the original languages throughout the Bible. It means someone of another race. We are told not to intermix with those of another race. The books of Ezra and Nehemiah are a condemnation of the the tribes of Israel for their intermarriages with "strangers". This isn't "hatred", just fact. If God wanted us all to be the same color, He would have made us that way

Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM

10 posts, read 28,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadybug View Post

Christ also wants us to obey the laws of the land!!

Old 03-01-2009, 02:26 AM

131 posts, read 702,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad9876 View Post
That sounds all warm and fuzzy jadybug, but it's just not true. We didn't all come from Adam and Eve. All of the other races were created in Genesis 1:25. The word "Adam" in the original Hebrew language in which the Bible was written, means "ruddy, ability to blush/show blood in the face". There is only 1 race of people to whom this applies..the white race. Genesis 5:1 tells us this(the Bible) is the book of the generations(offspring) of ADAM, meaning the generations of the white race. Remember when God put enmity(hatred) between the seed (offspring) of the woman(Eve) and the seed(offspring) of the serpent (satan) in Genesis 3:15? It was from this seed of the woman (Eve) that the 12 tribes of Israel (God's chosen people) came. And from this seedline also came Jesus Christ. Yes, He was white too. Also look at the word "stranger" as it used in the original languages throughout the Bible. It means someone of another race. We are told not to intermix with those of another race. The books of Ezra and Nehemiah are a condemnation of the the tribes of Israel for their intermarriages with "strangers". This isn't "hatred", just fact. If God wanted us all to be the same color, He would have made us that way
Fascinating stuff, and a vicious misinterpretation of the Bible. Your arguments are nonsense, full stop. The concept of "race" is artificial. It has no basis in genetics.

But if you really want to go down that road, there is no "white" race at all. Plus, Yeshua bin Yousef was not "white," he was Semitic. You know, a Jew. Oh yeah, and Arabs are also Semitic. And since we are taking your "arguments" to their logical conclusion, it means that only the Jews and Arabs are descended from Adam and Eve, and everyone else is inferior.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:11 AM

1,460 posts, read 4,485,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad9876 View Post
The Bible also says that a snake could talk, a donkey could talk (presumably Hebrew), that insects have 4 legs, that the earth has 4 corners, that the earth stopped rotating without gravitational forces tearing it apart, and that you can change the genetic traits of a cow by moving a striped rod in front of it, among other things. I would therefore not use it as a fine-tuned text of anthropology.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:37 PM

26 posts, read 65,531 times
Default Moving to Gainesville

If I were you I would not consider moving to Gainsville. These people are right. It is turning into a little Mexico. I don't even like to shop there anymore. All the stores are taken over my mexicans. I try not to be racist but enough is enough. I was raised in Gainesville and I am very sad to see what has happened. I often wonder how they would have liked it if a bunch of us moved into their towns and took over?? We currently live in Dawsonville and we have plenty of shopping in Cumming and Dawsonville. I rarely go to Gainesville. The only good thing in Gainesville is their hospital and their doctors which are very nice. The lake? Well, that is a whole other story since the drought we have had, it is not much anymore. But, if we get some good rains it will be back again someday. It is already starting to fill up some. Still down around 10 or 12 ft. below full pool. But, what I want to tell you is that we have a house for sale and I would like for you to see it. We have it priced about 30k lower than it should be so it is really priced well. We are having to relocate due to the loss of my husband's job and his getting another one in Michigan. We are desperate to sell it because of several reasons, one we have to move in June and another one is that our daughter needs to start college in Athens GA in August, we can't afford to pay this mortgage, her tuition & rent and rent a place in Michigan. We are offering a lease purchase and might consider a straight rent but would naturally rather sell it. Our house is only 5 yrs. old and is very, very nice. Please respond and we can talk about it. Please, Please.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,212 times
"The word "Adam" in the original Hebrew language in which the Bible was written, means "ruddy, ability to blush/show blood in the face". "
To say that only white people are ruddy, or have the ability to blush/show blood in the face is a clear indication that you have not spent time with anyone who is not white. You're going to have to do a lot better than that to prove that only white people were chosen by God.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 4,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia woman View Post
If I were you I would not consider moving to Gainsville. These people are right. It is turning into a little Mexico. I don't even like to shop there anymore. All the stores are taken over my mexicans. I try not to be racist but enough is enough. I was raised in Gainesville and I am very sad to see what has happened. I often wonder how they would have liked it if a bunch of us moved into their towns and took over?? We currently live in Dawsonville and we have plenty of shopping in Cumming and Dawsonville. I rarely go to Gainesville. The only good thing in Gainesville is their hospital and their doctors which are very nice. The lake? Well, that is a whole other story since the drought we have had, it is not much anymore. But, if we get some good rains it will be back again someday. It is already starting to fill up some. Still down around 10 or 12 ft. below full pool. But, what I want to tell you is that we have a house for sale and I would like for you to see it. We have it priced about 30k lower than it should be so it is really priced well. We are having to relocate due to the loss of my husband's job and his getting another one in Michigan. We are desperate to sell it because of several reasons, one we have to move in June and another one is that our daughter needs to start college in Athens GA in August, we can't afford to pay this mortgage, her tuition & rent and rent a place in Michigan. We are offering a lease purchase and might consider a straight rent but would naturally rather sell it. Our house is only 5 yrs. old and is very, very nice. Please respond and we can talk about it. Please, Please.
Gosh, I'd love a great house for cheaper than the market, but since I have adopted mexican and guatemalan children, I would be afraid you wouldn't sell to me. I guess I am going to have to find someone who isn't racist to take my money.
And yes, saying you are sad to see so many mexicans is racist.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:09 PM

84 posts, read 174,587 times
Anybody think it would be feasible to live in Buford or Cumming and commute to the Hospital in Gainesville? The only hitch would be unplanned trips in at 3 am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or