Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2007, 01:16 PM

310 posts, read 1,711,909 times

Advertisements

Hello all:

Do you own or have you seen those subdivisions Canterbury Estates, Birkshire Woods, The Summit At Piedmont.

They are Beazer homes. I am thinking of building a home in Raleigh. The plan I chose is the Victoria. This plan is used in the above subdivisions in GA.

I am hesitent because I haven't seen a similar home, and I am not sure how is the home or the subdivision is going to look like after it is built.

If you own a Victoria, Tara, or any other plan, How do you like it?
Are you happy with the build and finish quality? Can you snap some photos of the outside of the home and the subdivision?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 05:26 PM

133 posts, read 502,846 times
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeee eeeeeeeeee the Victoria! Fabulous home!

If you go to Beazer.com you can take a virtual tour of the plans. First go to Find A Home and put in Georgia, Atlanta Metro and then find the above subdivisions you've mentioned.

Lucky you if you purchase the Victoria. I wish I could have but it was a bit too pricey for me. Love it, love it, love it!

Old 06-30-2007, 07:41 AM

310 posts, read 1,711,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LahdeeDahdee View Post
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeee eeeeeeeeee the Victoria! Fabulous home!

If you go to Beazer.com you can take a virtual tour of the plans. First go to Find A Home and put in Georgia, Atlanta Metro and then find the above subdivisions you've mentioned.

Lucky you if you purchase the Victoria. I wish I could have but it was a bit too pricey for me. Love it, love it, love it!
I have seen the virtual tour, and I like it too. Have you seen the acual house?
Are Beazer subdivisions look nice and reflect the value of the houses?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:03 AM

133 posts, read 502,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE1000 View Post
I have seen the virtual tour, and I like it too. Have you seen the acual house?
Are Beazer subdivisions look nice and reflect the value of the houses?
Yes, I have seen the actual house numerous times and I've been in each of those subdivisions that you've listed. Since you are purchasing in NC I didn't bother to go into details but I will tell you what I think.

Canterbury Estates--Nice looking neighborhood but too many powerlines. I've only been there twice in the beginning stages, though. No doubt that homes will keep their value.

Berkshire Woods---Very nice...very nice...no amenities but larger lots and lots of green space. Surely the homes will keep their values here.

The Summit at Peidmont--They have dropped the base price of homes $100,000 within the past month. NO LIE! The neighborhood is up in the mountains with fabulous views and the original price was $699,000. They couldn't sell homes there because nobody wanted to pay that kind of money to send their kids to Sprayberry High School. It has been crickets over there for more than a year. I don't believe the lots will be flying out the door at $599,900 either!

In my opinion, Beazer is greedy and they are stingy. There are items that should be automatic at a particular price level but Beazer will have them to be upgrades. Again, you are forced to upgrade a lot of items. The standard granite counter top usually isn't appealing at all so the next thing you know you are coughing up $3500 just to get your kitchen half way decent. I must say the finished product of homes are.... um...yeah.....excellent.

Oh yeah, the other issue that I have is that after pouring the foundation, Beazer begins building on it within 3 days. I was told by someone who pours foundations for a living that at least 28 days should pass before building. The concrete has to cure during that time and he stated that a lot of homes are going to have foundation issues in 7-10 years.

I haven't been in one Beazer neighborhood that didn't look like it would keep it's value in terms of the appearance of the homes and its layout. Beazer would be better if they weren't so damn greedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia