U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 05:18 PM

363 posts, read 924,716 times

Advertisements

No not that!

I'm talking about the driest or lowest humidity in the State. I have an opportunity to leave high and dry Colorado for Georgia or Alabama. So, I'm posting it only one time. My job doesn't require any particular city. Would prefer rural area vs city.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 09:19 AM

722 posts, read 3,041,909 times
there are no dry areas in Georgia lol

Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 AM

722 posts, read 3,041,909 times
also, do you mean dry as in precip or humidity?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:41 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,197,436 times
In terms of precip or humidity, there are two different locations. In terms of precipitation the driest area looks to be in the area of Vidalia while the wettest is in Rabun County. (acutally among the wettest areas outside the Pacific rim area of the US and only slightly below qualifications for a temperate rainforest) While the humidity is actually reverse the two locations.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:10 PM

375 posts, read 1,251,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
there are no dry areas in Georgia lol
Very true.

Lowest humidity logically would be where the elevation is the highest - Blue Ridge - Dillard - Mountain City.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaduchman View Post
Very true.

Lowest humidity logically would be where the elevation is the highest - Blue Ridge - Dillard - Mountain City.
After reviewing the data, I've decided to not move to GA. The humidity levels would just about render me useless.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:12 PM

11,319 posts, read 23,130,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainsman48 View Post
After reviewing the data, I've decided to not move to GA. The humidity levels would just about render me useless.
You might want to actually visit first. Numbers don't tell the story. I moved here from central Minnesota, and Georgia doesn't seem any different from up there to me, even though I know the numbers say otherwise.

It's hardly a steambath in the northern part of the state. Quite comfy, actually.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:13 AM

606 posts, read 1,793,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
You might want to actually visit first. Numbers don't tell the story. I moved here from central Minnesota, and Georgia doesn't seem any different from up there to me, even though I know the numbers say otherwise.

It's hardly a steambath in the northern part of the state. Quite comfy, actually.
Quite comfy ? Did you live in GA during the summer of 2007 ? Sure there may be a few pleasant days in the summer, but overall it's very humid and hot in the summer in GA and the rest of the south (outside of the mountains). A typical summer day in Atlanta is about 90 degrees with high humidity. That's not what I call comfy.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:25 AM

9,124 posts, read 33,452,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
Quite comfy ? Did you live in GA during the summer of 2007 ? Sure there may be a few pleasant days in the summer, but overall it's very humid and hot in the summer in GA and the rest of the south (outside of the mountains). A typical summer day in Atlanta is about 90 degrees with high humidity. That's not what I call comfy.
What Georgia were you living in in 2007? That's the year we moved here, and it was in the middle of the drought. While there were exceptionally high temps for a few weeks, they were normally in the low 90's tops, and very dry. Coming from NJ, it was a welcome change from the humidity that lingers all night up there.

The summers since have been slightly cooler and slightly more humid, but a "typical summer day" in Atlanta is not "90 degrees with high humidity". Per the link below, we typically have only 35 days per year with temps over 90 degrees- hardly what I'd call the "typical day".

Number of Days with Max Temperatures Equal to or Above 90°F for Selected Cities in the Southeast | Welcome - Southeast Regional Climate Center

Old 03-07-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
I lived in GA in the late 60's and have stayed in various cities about ten years ago. I wasn't interested in humidity, only bass fishing.That was before my arthritis problems started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or