Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 09:34 PM

5 posts, read 10,176 times

Advertisements

Im looking to move to ga from central fl to give my kids a better place to grow up and be closer to the mountains and country. My search began 6 months ago in blairsville and dahlonega. Both of which we loved. The problem is finding work. I've spent most of my career in tourism based hospitality and sales. I need some population to earn a living but I want to be spread out and have some space at home. Recently I've been looking at the canton and Woodstock area. Love the schools and there seems to be enough economic movement there to be hopeful about the job market for me. Pretty congested sub divisions. Nice homes but not what I'm looking for. So now I just saw houses in the lake arrowhead community and we loved it. I need some helpful info though. It seems info on the forum is a little old about this place. Are there families living there? Will my kids meet other kids there? How is the HOA there? Any info on that community as well as Waleska itself would be great. First time posting hope it is received well. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 09:37 AM

Anyone? Can anyone share their opinion of arrowhead or canton or Cherokee schools. Current state of affairs or anything would be helpful. Just found a house in arrowhead I love but I really value this forums opinions so I would love some responses.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:07 PM

Did I not do something properly? I certainly am surprised not to have gotten one reply yet. Would really like some thoughts from residents as I am really banking a lot on this move with 4 young kids.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:30 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,656,056 times
You need to post in the Atlanta subforum.

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/

This forum doesn't get many visits from Metro Atlanta folks.

Also, be sure to answer these questions, if you can... (you can also ask other questions)

Helpful Tip,
For all of those about to move or thinking about moving to the Atlanta metro area, in order for us to better assist you and for you to get more responses please provide us with as much of the following information as possible in your initial post please:

1. Budget
2. House/Condo/Townhome?
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)
4. Children(public school vs. private)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:18 PM

Thank you so much. I will post in the proper place now. Lol I'm new to forums.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,835 times
Default Waleska, Lake Arrowhead

Are you still in the market for Lake Arrowhead. We have our house (181 Ponderosa Lane) on the market here in Lake Arrowhead and there are tons of children who live here. They pick up an entire school bus load of children on both ends (North and South) of the property for elementary alone. The schools are fantastic! We are from Tampa, but are relocating to Costa Rica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr venkman View Post
Im looking to move to ga from central fl to give my kids a better place to grow up and be closer to the mountains and country. My search began 6 months ago in blairsville and dahlonega. Both of which we loved. The problem is finding work. I've spent most of my career in tourism based hospitality and sales. I need some population to earn a living but I want to be spread out and have some space at home. Recently I've been looking at the canton and Woodstock area. Love the schools and there seems to be enough economic movement there to be hopeful about the job market for me. Pretty congested sub divisions. Nice homes but not what I'm looking for. So now I just saw houses in the lake arrowhead community and we loved it. I need some helpful info though. It seems info on the forum is a little old about this place. Are there families living there? Will my kids meet other kids there? How is the HOA there? Any info on that community as well as Waleska itself would be great. First time posting hope it is received well. Thanks

Old 10-12-2014, 06:13 AM

Wow thanks. I actually live in lake arrowhead now we bought a house on council oak loop at the end of July. It's been great. Would love to hear more about Costa Rica sometime though. And you are right. The schools are fantastic. We love it here so far. Sounds like you have an adventure ahead of you. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia