Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 07:15 AM

20 posts, read 64,540 times

Advertisements

I need an apartment for about 6-12 months. I will be working in Brunsick, GA.

I have found apartments in Kingsland and Brunswick. My price range is %600-$750 per month for a 1-2 bedroom.

Is the north vs. south of brunwick any safer than the next? Or are there certain areas to find that may be safer...

Kingsland seems to be a military type town. crime statistics show that Brunswick as a whole is a high crime area and Kingsland is a bit above the US average. However, depending on the web site this can be a mixed bag.

I've asked some of the rep.'s at the apartments over the phone how the area is and they simply say that they can't tell me because they are not allowed to provide a false sense of security. Is this true or should I beware... Some did say that I would be happy there, but they are sales people...

I'm looking to compile of short list of possible places and head down this weekend and hopefully find one that is acceptable.

Something relatively new and clean, with nearby shopping and above all a place I would feel comfortable going out at night with the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Have you considered St Simons Island? It's just 5 miles across the causeway from Brunswick.There are a couple of apartment complexes here that are very nice, and right now you can find some great deals on condo rentals...and the island is quite safe. The icing on the cake is that you can bike to the beach.

I'm sitting in the Starbucks next to the apartments referenced below. They look very nice, and the location (center of the island's main shopping district) is great. You would be about 15 min from Brunswick.

Island Retreat Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other St. Simons Island apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 03-18-2010, 09:01 AM

I tried the phone number listed on the web to get pricing, but got a message that it was disconnected.

My wife and I stayed on St. Simmons Island about 2 weeks ago and it was nice, however everything seemed more expensive. I just need a safe, clean place to live temporarily. No need for easy beach access or anything right now.

We are thinking of living in Yulee once we permanently move down that way. But for the next several months, I would consider areas in brunswick and surrounding areas that would be safe places to live. I'm not much into the historic type of places and would like somewhere that would have access to shopping at walmart, target and the like.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:20 AM

I'm considering Odyssey Lake apartments in Brunswick, GA. They are supposed to be new and in a rural area on the north side of Brunswick near Exit 42 of I-95.

Anyone stay hear or familiar with this area? They said it's a quiet, secluded area and there is a Walmart/Target, etc. nearby.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:41 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richord View Post
I'm considering Odyssey Lake apartments in Brunswick, GA. They are supposed to be new and in a rural area on the north side of Brunswick near Exit 42 of I-95.

Anyone stay hear or familiar with this area? They said it's a quiet, secluded area and there is a Walmart/Target, etc. nearby.
Yes, the area is quite safe and is located near 'The Spur', which is where just about all of Brunswick's 'big box' retail is located.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,006 times
We are looking for a house outside the city of Brunswick to retire. Purchasing a house now. Retirement is another ten yrs.. Is the crime rate affect the whole area on the crime statistic? It is predicted, Suppose to be the economic out look for the next 10 yrs is looking good for the area. I wonder from what? Kyna
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia