Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,071 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I would really appreciate if some one can help me in deciding to which city to move...

In our research we have found cities in Texas that interest us such as Plano, Richardson and Fort Worth. And in Georgia we are interested in the Roswell and Alpharetta area. These areas were chosen based on good schools.

We have two young boys ages 5 and 8 and we want to make sure the community we move into will provide good schools with a diverse student body and faculty.

Please help us by answering a few questions that we feel only present residents would know. They are:

Which state has best schools and good libraries?

Which state has plenty of activities for my kids?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 08:08 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,571,826 times
Georgia schools stink by and large. The state is broke. Public schools are being hit hard on the budget front.

I'd opt for Texas in a heartbeat. Texas is likely to be more prosperous sooner than GA.

Diversity? You are going to find that anywhere unless you move to Utah or Montana etc. Have never quite understood why that is important but to each his own.

Bottom line? GA is the last place I would care to move to at this point.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:01 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,316,881 times
I think your questions is better is better suited in the Atlanta forum. This is the general Georgia forum.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:54 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirib View Post
Hi,

I would really appreciate if some one can help me in deciding to which city to move...

In our research we have found cities in Texas that interest us such as Plano, Richardson and Fort Worth. And in Georgia we are interested in the Roswell and Alpharetta area. These areas were chosen based on good schools.

We have two young boys ages 5 and 8 and we want to make sure the community we move into will provide good schools with a diverse student body and faculty.

Please help us by answering a few questions that we feel only present residents would know. They are:

Which state has best schools and good libraries?

Which state has plenty of activities for my kids?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
The schools in Roswell and Alpharetta--Fulton County and perhaps City of Roswell/not certain about that---would be above average to excellent--this is an affluent part of the metro area.

The libraries would also be good and no shortage of activities for children. You might find the traffic to be a negative. There is a 'Schools' thread posted in the Atlanta forum that might provide some FYI or you could make a post in the Atlanta forum asking for recommendations for schools in Roswell or Alpharetta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia