U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2007, 12:25 PM
 
4 posts, read 20,940 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Hi, My family is moving to Bogart next weekend and I'd love to meet some families. I have a ten year old son and my husband will be teaching at UGA. I'm originally from Germany so I'd love to meet someone who also speaks German.
I'm very excited about moving. We currently live in Florida and I'm getting tired of the crime and traffic here. The cost of living has also gone up and of course the insurance rates.
Hope to hear from someone soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2007, 11:43 AM
 
Location: the big apple
127 posts, read 701,926 times
Reputation: 77
Hi,
We don't live in Athens, but we are seriously considering it. Can you tell me how you came to your decision to move to Bogart? How does one decide between the nice parts of Athens, Watkinsville or Bogart? How do the areas differ? Did you learn a lot about the schools before making your choice? Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2007, 09:45 AM
 
4 posts, read 20,940 times
Reputation: 11
Hi, We had to move out here because of my husband's job. I did research the schools and found that the ones in the Bogart, Watkinsville area tested higher than the ones in Athens. We also liked the small town feel, yet being close to everything out in Bogart. We live in a new subdivision called Triple Creek and it is 8 mins from the shopping district. Everyting is really close here as it's not a big town. We also chose Bogart because we were told a lot of people are moving out here and commuting to Atlanta, so this would help with selling the house down the road. HOpe this helps. Let me know if you move out here. I've been here a week now and love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2007, 10:20 AM
 
15 posts, read 48,383 times
Reputation: 12
Hi, were a family from Florida as well. we are tired of living here, the cost of living seems like its constantly on the rise, and so is the crime.My wife and i have been looking at alot of property in north florida, canton,cherrokee,hiawasee, we had also thought about Athens, but didnt know to much about the schools.Also, wondering about work in the area, my wife is a nurse and I am a contractor. We have two children 2,and 5.so we also were looking for family style neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2007, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Atlanta Suburbs...Georgia...Life is good!!!
276 posts, read 1,045,372 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by zicke View Post
Hi, My family is moving to Bogart next weekend and I'd love to meet some families. I have a ten year old son and my husband will be teaching at UGA. I'm originally from Germany so I'd love to meet someone who also speaks German.
I'm very excited about moving. We currently live in Florida and I'm getting tired of the crime and traffic here. The cost of living has also gone up and of course the insurance rates.
Hope to hear from someone soon.
Hi there,
If I may ask what has drawn you too Athens? I too live in SWFL and we are consideirng moving to GA this summer. I would be interested in what you found appealing in the Athens area. You mention having a child which I do as well(11 yr girl) and schools as well as community is very important and of course lower taxes, homeowners and safety. All reasons we are moving out of FL and to GA...We too are very excited about moving to a slower paced area where people are more grounded and friendly and the area is full of what nature intended..trees, wide open spaces and outdoor adventure as well as clean air....Good Luck with your move...If you want to share any of your thoughts with me please PM me or write back here...I am pretty sure we were moving too(area) but I would like to hear more on Athens as I have not been able to really get alot of info on this partiuclar area and have researched it and heard that it would be a good choice as well. Thanks...Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2007, 06:34 PM
 
4 posts, read 20,687 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibseysgirl View Post
Hi there,
If I may ask what has drawn you too Athens? I too live in SWFL and we are consideirng moving to GA this summer. I would be interested in what you found appealing in the Athens area. You mention having a child which I do as well(11 yr girl) and schools as well as community is very important and of course lower taxes, homeowners and safety. All reasons we are moving out of FL and to GA...We too are very excited about moving to a slower paced area where people are more grounded and friendly and the area is full of what nature intended..trees, wide open spaces and outdoor adventure as well as clean air....Good Luck with your move...If you want to share any of your thoughts with me please PM me or write back here...I am pretty sure we were moving too(area) but I would like to hear more on Athens as I have not been able to really get alot of info on this partiuclar area and have researched it and heard that it would be a good choice as well. Thanks...Lisa
Hello, you all. My fiance' currently lives in the Winder, Ga area (Barrow County) But it is like 15 minutes to Athens, Georgia. As far as I know of Athens seems to be a pretty developed city. However, if you are ever trying to get to the nearest airport from Athens, your commute will probably be 1.5 hours. Me and my fiance' sometimes drives out to Athens for dinner. So I would say that it is a fairly nice small city to raise a family and pretty quiet. I work in Cobb County and live in Paulding County so it depends on the city that are you intrested in. But overall, I think that Athens is a nice city. BModerator cut: Removed
Good Luck!

Last edited by xxman777; 06-21-2007 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: Advertising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2007, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Atlanta Suburbs...Georgia...Life is good!!!
276 posts, read 1,045,372 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by williakk View Post
Hello, you all. My fiance' currently lives in the Winder, Ga area (Barrow County) But it is like 15 minutes to Athens, Georgia. As far as I know of Athens seems to be a pretty developed city. However, if you are ever trying to get to the nearest airport from Athens, your commute will probably be 1.5 hours. Me and my fiance' sometimes drives out to Athens for dinner. So I would say that it is a fairly nice small city to raise a family and pretty quiet. I work in Cobb County and live in Paulding County so it depends on the city that are you intrested in. But overall, I think that Athens is a nice city. BModerator cut: Removed
Good Luck!
Thank you...We are going to look into Bogart as we have heard some very nice things about it...Any feedback or suggestions? Thanks for your help...Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2007, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Atlanta Suburbs...Georgia...Life is good!!!
276 posts, read 1,045,372 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChooch View Post
Hi,
We don't live in Athens, but we are seriously considering it. Can you tell me how you came to your decision to move to Bogart? How does one decide between the nice parts of Athens, Watkinsville or Bogart? How do the areas differ? Did you learn a lot about the schools before making your choice? Thanks so much.
Did you get any responses from your ?s ....I am interestered in this area as well...Bogart in particular and schools are important to us as well. If you have any info to share or have any knowledge of the area please share if you feel comfortable in doing so...Thanks so much...Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2007, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Atlanta Suburbs...Georgia...Life is good!!!
276 posts, read 1,045,372 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by zicke View Post
Hi, We had to move out here because of my husband's job. I did research the schools and found that the ones in the Bogart, Watkinsville area tested higher than the ones in Athens. We also liked the small town feel, yet being close to everything out in Bogart. We live in a new subdivision called Triple Creek and it is 8 mins from the shopping district. Everyting is really close here as it's not a big town. We also chose Bogart because we were told a lot of people are moving out here and commuting to Atlanta, so this would help with selling the house down the road. HOpe this helps. Let me know if you move out here. I've been here a week now and love it.
Hi there,
We have been lookng into Bogart but have not found alot of info about it as of yet. We are making a trip to GA(from FL) next week and would like to take a look around and see if it is what we are looking for(which from what I have heard and read here sounds like it just might be) we are looking to buy in a good neighborhood and have good schools and want to be active in the community as well as church...Any suggestions or areas you think are decent and worth checking out or things/places we should avoid....Thanks for your share...Hope you are enjoying your new home...Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2007, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Athens, Ga
81 posts, read 326,302 times
Reputation: 52
The city of Bogart is split by Clarke County & Oconee County...so you need to be familar with how the county lines flow if you are interested in schools. Bogart is very friendly, and has a small town feel but is very convenient to Athens for shopping and dining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top