Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 AM

5 posts, read 33,824 times

Advertisements

We're planing to get a cabin in these area. I need advise about which area is better and more things to do with our 3 and 6 yr old.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 11:09 AM

150 posts, read 479,086 times
Helens actually a Tourist town that has a German setting. Helen hands down is a better place to visit then Blue Ridge. Theres nothing really in Blue Ridge but a bunch of Cabins crammed together. In the summer time Helen has tubing and a little water park. Blue Ridge has nothing really for young kids to do.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:10 PM

11,334 posts, read 25,968,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTRYFRIED View Post
Helens actually a Tourist town that has a German setting. Helen hands down is a better place to visit then Blue Ridge. Theres nothing really in Blue Ridge but a bunch of Cabins crammed together. In the summer time Helen has tubing and a little water park. Blue Ridge has nothing really for young kids to do.
Blue Ridge has the train, but that's only good for one of two trips. It also has a nice little shop district by the railroad station, but Helen is a major tourist trap with a LOT more shops. It reminds me a little of the Wisconsin Dells in that regard.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:25 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,075,904 times
As far as activity for children,there is more in Helen to offer.Beware that in tubing season,Helen is a nightmare and very busy.Check out the Helen Georgia Chamber of Commerce,just type that in to your search bar and you can find out what activities Helen has to offer.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:39 PM

744 posts, read 2,469,908 times
Personally , I think both areas are beautiful scenery wise.
I have to agree that Helen has more to offer young children. Unicoi state park which is just up the road from Helen has great areas for kids to run and play ( swings , a lake with a swimming /beach area ).

Old 03-24-2010, 03:14 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,358,614 times
helen as a town wins.

scenery and cabins etc vary greatly by $ so either one is the same. it comes down to how much you can spend to get the location and place you want.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,557,029 times
Be prepared for massive traffic frustration with Helen during summer and fall. There is only one highway through the ville and it just isn't bumper to bumper, IT STOPS! I have known it to take an hour to get through Helen. If you decide on that location, then try for something within walking distance of the action. Business has also been way off in Helen for some years now and with this economy, I imagine even worse though our drought ending rains have improved the tubing business. Blue Ridge does turn me on and never has. Good luck with your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia