Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 07:22 AM

9 posts, read 34,197 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I have been looking at some apartments online, and wanted to get some local opinions on places! I got a great suggestion to get a police report for apartments, to make sure they are safe. I am a single female, that works in the medical field. I am looking at the 575 area, since my family lives in Blue Ridge.

The places I am looking at are:

Walden Crossing-off exit 16 (Canton)-I visited this one in person last year, it seemed nice, but I don't know if it has changed!

Preston Glen @ Bridgemill-off exit 11 (Canton)

Heritage @ Riverstone-off exit 20 (Canton)

Alta Ridgewalk-off exit 8 (Woodstock)

Avonlea @ Towne Lake-off exit 8 (Woodstock)

Heights @ Towne Lake (Woodstock)

Any opinions on these? Or any else you can recommend I should consider? You know how when you look online, it can be tough to determine if it is safe, etc. My main concern is safety, cleanliness, noise...oh and I need to be able to afford it! (I'm looking at the tops $750/mo.)...I just want a nice place to live!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 AM

434 posts, read 1,737,047 times
Have you checked Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters ?

Old 06-25-2007, 07:58 AM

Yes, I did! It's hard to tell if some of those reviews are people who are just mad or?? All of these seemed to get decent reviews on there!

Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 AM

434 posts, read 1,737,047 times
I live in Canton/Holly Springs but the only one I can tell you specifically about is Walden Crossing. I live off the same exit and farther up and we picked that area because it had the best crime ratings. It is actually on the line of being in Holly Springs which has a much better crime rating than Canton. It also looks good by zip code. I have never noticed any traffic back-ups coming in or out so that shouldn't be too bad. You would still be close to groceries etc. but a little more off the beaten path then exit 8 or 20.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:40 PM

I appreciate your input clawson26! Like I said, it's nice to get a local view on places!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:59 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
We're building a house in Canton, and will be staying in an apartment for a month while it's completed. We chose Brooke Mill in Woodstock because they allow large dogs (my wife wouldn't let me leave the dang mutt with the old house in NJ....lol). It's a really nice community, and pretty convenient to everything. I don't know if you can get a 1-bedroom in your price range (2 bedrooms are around $1,000/mo), but it's worth a look.

Bob

Old 06-27-2007, 06:07 AM

Thanks for the info Bob! I'll take a look at those too!

Old 06-28-2007, 06:53 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,636 times
I personally have visited Avonlea and it is very nice!! It is very secure and if I recall it is gated and has a camera. I also believe each apartment comes with its own alarm system. I think they also have a calender full of activities...I think they have an activity director.

Several single women from my church live there!

It is in the Towne Lake area which is very nice and covenient. You are near 575, and they are building a beautiful area that will include a Walgreens and a couple of other stores nearby.

You are also near downtown Woodstock which is very quaint. They have summer concents in the park on mainstreet, a train station, a couple of place to eat and have tea!

You also near Walmart, Publix, Kroger, Kohls, Supertarget, Home Depot, Lowes, and 10 minues to Towne Center Mall. This is the nearest mall in this area.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia