Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:27 PM

7 posts, read 31,686 times

Advertisements

Are there any 55 + Communities north of Atlanta within a reasonable drive to the outerbelt. My husband has a lead on a job there and we're trying to gear our next move toward retirement (in about 8-10 years). Any other communities that appeal to the mid-fifties set (golf, arts & activities very important). Any information greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 12:01 PM

434 posts, read 1,736,690 times
Default North of Atl

Seasons at Laurel Canyon: 55+ active adult community: Canton, GA

We looked at several places for my parents in that area. This one was nice but too expensive. What $ range are you looking for and are you looking for houses or apt condo...?

Last edited by clawson26; 06-10-2007 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 06-10-2007, 01:23 PM

165 posts, read 656,897 times
THERE'S A FEW REALLY NICE IN N.G . Active Adult Communities - Active Adult Community - Adult Retirement Communities

Old 06-10-2007, 02:31 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Del Webb.
Brand new off Exit 126 I-85 north. Braselton.
Top of the line, very nice. May be heading that way soon myself in a couple years.

31 miles from the Parameter.
Close to medical care
12 miles from the Mall of Georgia
Has everything.

There is also a new one in Duluth. Starts at 400k for cottage homes.
Rather congested, but also nice. Forgot the name

Old 06-11-2007, 04:01 PM

67 posts, read 236,952 times
If you would consider Powder Springs my Aunt-in-law lives in a very nice community called Silver Springs Village. The houses are beautiful & it has been there for only a couple of years so still new & lots of nice amenities in the area. You can find it on google by typing in the name & Powder Springs, GA. Of course you might have wanted something farther North. Just thought I would mention it.

HTH,

Julie

Old 06-13-2007, 02:10 PM

8 posts, read 38,004 times
The Villas in Seven Hills - in Dallas, GA Paulding County. Loren Construction is great! We live in another section of Seven Hills (not over 55 yet : ) ) But The Villas are very nice. Seven Hills residents can join Bentwater Golf Course and we here at Seven Hills have swim & tennis.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:11 PM

2 posts, read 22,543 times
First you should check out the communties closest to work then work outward from there.

Traffic is pretty horrible and can decrease quality of life. Consider how you feel about sitting in traffic, cost of gas, and what work hours he has. Also, if he is going with traffic or the opposite direction, if he wants to try and carpool, etc.

Traffic hours are bad about 7:30 - 9:00 in the mornings and 4:30 to 6:30.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:12 PM

11 posts, read 48,697 times
What price range..there are a few great ones out there..but beware of the contracts on some of them which are very lengthy! If you need any help let me know..I know the various areas of GA pretty well as well as builders and developers of some active adult communities. Good luck!

Old 07-02-2007, 02:22 PM

9 posts, read 53,486 times
Check out Dahlonega, Georgia. It is about 45 miles north of Atlanta. Bad drive if you had to go south to Atlanta daily, but Dahlonega is one of the most beautiful towns to live in. I know of one community that is established on Hwy 60 in Dahlonega, houses start at $250's. A community is currently being built across from the hospital in town also. Sorry, I don't have the names of either one, but I am sure you could contact the welcome center or chamber of commerce.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:03 PM

5 posts, read 34,552 times
Default Del Webb

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmarkel View Post
Are there any 55 + Communities north of Atlanta within a reasonable drive to the outerbelt. My husband has a lead on a job there and we're trying to gear our next move toward retirement (in about 8-10 years). Any other communities that appeal to the mid-fifties set (golf, arts & activities very important). Any information greatly appreciated.
I would recommed The Village at Deaton Creek. It is a great area and right by Cheateau Elan winery and golf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia