U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 AM

21 posts, read 76,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyun-Soo View Post
^^ Indian food?

They have one in Warner Robins now?
Yep, they have both Indian and Greek food, but I've only tried the Indian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 06:09 PM

138 posts, read 636,646 times
Yes, they do.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:34 AM

34 posts, read 122,717 times
Sounds like Hawkinsville might be something to look into if you like the woods. Hawkinsville isn't too far from Robins AFB. Just an idea.....

Old 01-05-2008, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,050 times
Default The Scoop on Warner Robins

I moved here three years ago. Here's my take on things: If you want a nice home at a reasonable price, good schools, and basic retail/restaurant/movie type diversions, Warner Robins is your place. If you're looking for culture, intellectual conversation, or a wide circle of friends, keep looking.

Housing prices are good, taxes decent and the general standard of living is high. What you won't find is an art museum, concert hall, or academic forum anywhere. It's tough to make friends here too: on numerous occasions, I've made plans with local people who have been no-shows. The difference between the locals and transplanted yankees like myself is that the latter will actually call and cancel if their plans change, while the former will just stand you up and offer a lame excuse (or nothing at all) the next time you see them around town. I know this can't be my personality: up north I had tons of friends, and we continue to get together when I visit my family there.

Intellectually, it's tough to get beyond the local goings-on. This is a great place to raise kids, with lots of year-round sports activities. However, if you try to get much beyond the local Little-League stats in conversation, you won't get far. Mentioning, for instance, the political situation in Pakistan or even water issues in the Atlanta area will net you a blank stare. It's as if people here don't recognize that there's life beyond their kids' ballgame.

Sorry if I sound negative, but that's just my genuine perception of the area. While there are certainly worse places to settle, we don't plan to retire here. There's just not enough to keep me busy, and driving to Atlanta or Savannah to actually see art or eat at a non-chain restaurant is a bit out of the way.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:20 PM

177 posts, read 174,067 times
LOL...Thats funny New2here.
I live in Warner Robins and I always call and cancel if I cant make plans that I have made. But, I must admit, I could care less about the political situation in Pakistan and I think that poor urban and rural planning in the Atlanta area, along with a serious drought is behind the water situation in Atlanta, but I must admit, I`m not too concerned with it either.
Also not trying to sound rude, but if this is the best you can come up with for conversation, then that might be why you are getting stood up so much and why your "circle of friends" here is small.
You are correct...most folks around here tend to center alot of their lives around their kids and church. The reason is simple. The kids stay busy, they stay out of trouble (just look at Macon if you want to see what happens with teens when they have no supervision) and because they are our kids....I truly didnt know anything was wrong with that.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:32 AM

511 posts, read 2,317,140 times
Where does Macon come in anywhere in that conversation, we have more than just a local little league, and last I checked we have a 30 billion gallon resivoir we havent even touched yet. So where does Macon come in at, I think Peelo youre the one with relationship problems, and not the next man, you're the one with conversation problems. New2Here I apoligize for Peelo, down in Warner Robins they dont get outside of that base, wal-mart, and fast food chains.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:39 PM

LOL...Macon was mentioned because of all the teenage hoodlums over there...

If you had any idea what you were talking about Mayor, you would probably be almost dangerous...LOL

Old 01-07-2008, 02:23 PM

511 posts, read 2,317,140 times
As you notice he didnt deny the citizens of Warner Robins confinment between the base, wal-mart and fast food chains. I really think thats whats wrong with you, they put something in those burgers off the dollar-menu. You a dollarmillionaire arent you Peelo, I know. If you ever want to tell me how you really feel about your lifestyle, or just want someone to cry to, MayorOfMacon2019 will always be here.

Im not a licensed therapist but im sure it cant be that hard to solve your problem, im may be as simple as moving from that halfwaytown Warner Robins. By the way that will be $500 for my services!

Old 01-07-2008, 02:57 PM

You are a really funny guy!!
You know, truth be told, you couldnt afford where I live. You know my name, so check the records........I flipped a home in one of Macon`s best subdivisions...Madison, by name. So if you really want to talk about "broke" folks and eating off the dollar menu, You should already know that the tax bracket in Houston county by far exceeds the GREATER majority of Macon.
YOU brought income in on this...Not me. But if you would like to compare incomes, once again, you know my number and I`d be more than happy to show you where I live and what my worth is.
OR, if you choose to keep getting your panties in a wad because the vast majority of folks dont look at Macon through your rose colored glasses and keep at your feeble attempt at humor, thats fine too.LOL>>> I`m game little man!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 PM

21 posts, read 76,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfMacon2019 View Post
New2Here I apoligize for Peelo, down in Warner Robins they dont get outside of that base, wal-mart, and fast food chains.
Are you still stuck on that? Sometimes I don't think that you come to Warner Robins very often if you think that all there is to this city is the base and chain stores. This city is relatively new, whereas Macon has had 100+ years to establish itself. Instead of replying to a potshot with another potshot maybe you could actually contribute to the conversation.

New2here, I agree that there is not much culture here, and I wish they would remedy that is some way. With so many diverse people living here the city is really not grabbing the opportunity to make something of it. There are opportunities to make a wide circle of friends, but of course this is coming from someone in college so my take may be a little different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or