U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 03:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,981 times

Advertisements

:d my husband and i are wanting to relocate to warren robbins, would love some help found this site, looking into warren robbins,

i have to work, iam into electronics assembly , i have 25 years exp. In soldering , and assembly, I WAS WONDERING , IF THERE ARE ANY FACTORY TYPE JOBS ESPECIALLY IN THE ELECTRONIC FIELD,

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT VERY MUCH, JOB INFORMATION, I USE TO DO ALSO APOINTMENT SETTING , TELEMARKET FOR YEARS BUT RATHER STAY IN ELECTRONICS,

I WOULD LOVE TO GET OUT OF FLORIDA WERE OVER HURICANES, THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU ALL CAN GIVE,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 09:39 PM

2,190 posts, read 7,093,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyrose View Post
:d my husband and i are wanting to relocate to warren robbins, would love some help found this site, looking into warren robbins,

i have to work, iam into electronics assembly , i have 25 years exp. In soldering , and assembly, I WAS WONDERING , IF THERE ARE ANY FACTORY TYPE JOBS ESPECIALLY IN THE ELECTRONIC FIELD,

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT VERY MUCH, JOB INFORMATION, I USE TO DO ALSO APOINTMENT SETTING , TELEMARKET FOR YEARS BUT RATHER STAY IN ELECTRONICS,

I WOULD LOVE TO GET OUT OF FLORIDA WERE OVER HURICANES, THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU ALL CAN GIVE,
With the exception of experienced medical or people working in restaurants, everyone is having difficulty finding ANY job. When a job does open up, usually a 100+ people apply. Not sure if you're moving because he's relocating to the base or if you have a choice to say no...My advice is if you do have a choice, do not think moving to middle GA until you both have jobs.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:49 PM

9,086 posts, read 13,737,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfMacon2019 View Post
Yea, Macon has much more attractions and things to do, and since you are outdoor enthusiasts, you should really check out Bass Pro Shops, in Macon. If you like restauraunts like McDonalds, and Cheddars all the time then yea I guess Warner Robins is alright, but if you wish to eat outside of that fast food franchise life you can always travel up to Macon.

But thats not the only thing you may end up traveling to Macon for, many of the major concerts come through the Macon Coliseum, also there are great museums like the Harriet Tubman Museum which is nearing the end of construction, the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, the largest sports hall of fame in North America, there is also the Georgia Music Hall of Fame, the Riverwalk, the Museum of Arts and Sciences, Fort Hawkins which will be a great attraction once its done being ronvated.

Also dont get caught in any major accident or anything because your gonna have to travel 15 minutes to the second largest Hospital in Georgia, and the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the area. But yea beside all of those things Warner Robins is great. LOL
I like Macon.I defend Macon all the time.However Macon does haver some major problems and has for a long time.However you always have chime in everytime someone mentions Warner Robins and try to persuade them to move 15min.north.You do not have to say untrue or stretch the truth about a surrounding area just to Macon look better.The facts are the facts.Your opininions shoud be stated as just your opinions. The truth is unless you are single or want a "downtown kinda feel".(I do like downtown Macon),the majority of people stay away from Macon/That's why they are building all the stores and resturants that Macon has because Warner Robins can suppoert them without Macon.So leave Warner Robins alone and let people have a fair unbiased opinion of it instead of your "PATRIOTISM" to the "UNITED STATE OF MACON"

Old 12-01-2008, 07:30 PM

26 posts, read 92,855 times
HI all,

My family and I are wanting to relocate from our current state due to the economic hardships and lack of change and sick of scrapping by. We thought about Warner Robins area and I was wondering how the economy is there? How is crime? What can you do there? I have kids and would like to know what there is for them to do there? Is it in the middle of no where? and someone mentioned allergies being worse there? I have a son who has allergies and I was wondering if that is true? I am an elementary teacher and my husband does contruction and I was wondering if there are jobs available there in those fields? any information what so ever would be appreciated....Thank you...

Old 12-01-2008, 08:08 PM

1,940 posts, read 8,437,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfMacon2019 View Post
Yea, Macon has much more attractions and things to do, and since you are outdoor enthusiasts, you should really check out Bass Pro Shops, in Macon. If you like restauraunts like McDonalds, and Cheddars all the time then yea I guess Warner Robins is alright, but if you wish to eat outside of that fast food franchise life you can always travel up to Macon.

But thats not the only thing you may end up traveling to Macon for, many of the major concerts come through the Macon Coliseum, also there are great museums like the Harriet Tubman Museum which is nearing the end of construction, the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, the largest sports hall of fame in North America, there is also the Georgia Music Hall of Fame, the Riverwalk, the Museum of Arts and Sciences, Fort Hawkins which will be a great attraction once its done being ronvated.

Also dont get caught in any major accident or anything because your gonna have to travel 15 minutes to the second largest Hospital in Georgia, and the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the area. But yea beside all of those things Warner Robins is great. LOL

the 'attractions' you listed are things that can be knocked out in a day. what is there to keep someone coming back? you make macon sound very uninteresting.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,835 times
Monique's, the German Resturant is now closed, as is the great Cuban place in Northgate Plaza. Warner Robins tends to have a hard time keeping good, locally owned eating establishments open for ery long in town'; not sure if it is where they are located or if it is just that the population can't support something that isn't "fast-food" here. There are several places in Macon that are really good and worth the drive if you are so inclined.Having lved in WR for too many years too count, and also having had the priviledge to travel the world and eat all kinds of food and at all kind of establishments, I can say that the area just doesn't seem able to support much that is not pizza, Mexican, Hamburgers and chain places. It is a shame since there is such a variety of folks that live here from all over the globe. Perhaps as it grows things will become more supportive of the differences. We can only hope.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:46 PM

2,190 posts, read 7,093,141 times
A greek place is opening on Russell where Italian Pie use to be...Unsure if it's a chain or not...

Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 PM

15 posts, read 27,936 times
Hi i'm movin to Warner Robin next month and wanted to know if there are any warehouse jobs openings?....I'm married with two kids boy 11 and girl 10.....thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or