Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2008, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 26,372 times

Advertisements

Ok! Need help getting to know Pooler Ga, or surrounding areas.
My family is heading there this weekend to check on a very potential job for my husband.
We presently live in Michigan....warm sound really great after 100 inches of snow in just Feb alone!
Anywho...need to find out anything I can about this area, schools, crime, people, ect....schools are elementary, and High School.
Please, Please, any information would be helpful!
Thanks so very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 12:19 PM

16 posts, read 79,959 times
Default Don't know anything about the area

Sorry - Don't know anything about the area .. but post whatever you find out. Hoping your husband get the job .. How did do that before moving there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneer View Post
My family is heading there this weekend to check on a very potential job for my husband.
We presently live in Michigan....warm sound really great after 100 inches of snow in just Feb alone!
Anywho...need to find out anything I can about this area, schools, crime, people, ect....schools are elementary, and High School.
Thanks so very much!

Old 02-28-2008, 12:20 PM

16 posts, read 79,959 times
Default Why did you choose the area

May I ask why did you choose the area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneer View Post
Thanks so very much!

Old 02-28-2008, 05:06 PM

726 posts, read 3,601,914 times
Pooler is the center of West Chatham County at the intersection of I-95 and I-16
Elementary Schools: Pooler, West Chatham, Southwest, Bloomingdale Arts, Port Wentworth, and a new school is to be built on Benton Blvd in the Highlands area. The area is booming, new construction is everywhere.
Oglethorpe is the best Public Middle School, with open enrollment but 500 applications for 100 spots. Westside Middle Schools are Southwest, West Chatham, and Mercer- Renzulli School Wide Enrichment Academy

High School: A new High School is to be built soon,
Currently Groves is the area High School, and I heard that some areas are zones to Beach High. Savannah Arts is the best and has open enrollment and
Jenkins High School Honors Academy is great

Coastal Empire Montessori Charter School
http://savannahnow.com/node/426545
Savannah Arts Academy: Best High Schools - USNews.com
http://www.savannahnow.com/node/426415
Savannah-Chatham County, Georgia Public Schools
Oglethorpe Charter School
Georgia Virtual Academy
http://savannahnow.com/node/455005
St. Patrick's Day Parade
Tradition Hilton Head
Home - Savannah, The Creative Coast Initiative
http://savannahnow.com/node/366324
Letters to the editor | SavannahNow.com
http://savannahnow.com/node/424854 (broken link)
http://savannahnow.com/node/446469
CEMA: Chatham Emergency Management Agency
http://www.thespiritnewspaper.com/

Old 03-04-2008, 03:09 PM

65 posts, read 370,677 times
Pooler is the best part of Savannah. It is clean, safe, conveniently located, and growing fast. Constructed on an open-air mall in Pooler is slated to start in 2010. It will also have a theatre and a Target. Lowe's just opened up in Pooler as well. In addition, Pooler has started getting some restaurants that Savannah doesn't have! There is a Cheddar's and Fatz Cafe opening up in Pooler next month, both of which Savannah doesn't have. If you are searching for houses, look at Godley Station and Savannah Quarters, both located off Pooler Pkwy.

Last edited by jhsrichards; 03-04-2008 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: NA

Old 03-04-2008, 08:01 PM

233 posts, read 1,226,718 times
It is very true. I go by the Cheddars many times and can't believe how fast they have built it. It's amazing. There are a lot of doctors moving out to Pooler as well. I have heard the mall rumors. I can't imagine what Pooler will look like when it's done.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:57 AM

We didn't really choose the area, it just was the closest place to where this job was located. We heard from the employees that this was a nice area, and only about 10 minutes from the plant.
My husband acually turned down the job offer yesterday, but does have one more option in this area. Not sure?
Thanks for your reply!

Old 03-08-2008, 01:36 PM

Thanks so much!! It really is a growing area from what we discovered!!
I appreciate your information!!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:25 PM

233 posts, read 1,226,718 times
Well, I hope all goes well. It really is growing. I wish you all the best of luck, wherever it may take you!

Old 11-24-2010, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsrichards View Post
Pooler is the best part of Savannah. It is clean, safe, conveniently located, and growing fast. Constructed on an open-air mall in Pooler is slated to start in 2010. It will also have a theatre and a Target. Lowe's just opened up in Pooler as well. In addition, Pooler has started getting some restaurants that Savannah doesn't have! There is a Cheddar's and Fatz Cafe opening up in Pooler next month, both of which Savannah doesn't have. If you are searching for houses, look at Godley Station and Savannah Quarters, both located off Pooler Pkwy.
Just curious as to where you received the information that a Target will be coming to Pooler area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia