Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 11:12 AM

3 posts, read 9,080 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Warner Robins, GA from Texas.
Never relocated to a new state before, and need some tips/ suggestions/ information.
I was wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on some nice apartment complexes that are close to the Airforce Base, and arent too pricey.
Also, who are the electric providers in the area?
If anyone can give me a rough idea on how much the average cost of cable and internet, electric, and water/gas/trash.
I am just trying to get a rough estimate on how much my cost of living will change from Texas to Georgia.
ANY INFORMATION will be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 03:42 PM

75 posts, read 275,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro7708 View Post
I am moving to Warner Robins, GA from Texas.
Never relocated to a new state before, and need some tips/ suggestions/ information.
I was wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on some nice apartment complexes that are close to the Airforce Base, and arent too pricey.
Also, who are the electric providers in the area?
If anyone can give me a rough idea on how much the average cost of cable and internet, electric, and water/gas/trash.
I am just trying to get a rough estimate on how much my cost of living will change from Texas to Georgia.
ANY INFORMATION will be great.
there are several apartment complexes available in the warner robins, bonaire, kathleen, perry area which all are pretty close to RAFB. i don't rent, but from what i can gather, you could pay anywhere from $550-$850 per month in rent. the electric provider for warner robins is flint electric. Flint Energies or if you are in or around perry, it's georgia power. Georgia Power cable/internet is provided by cox cable in warner robins Cox Communications - digital cable TV, high speed broadband Internet access (ISP), and digital telephone services and in the perry area its comsouth. ComSouth i'm sorry i can't help you with the prices of water/gas/trash. hope this helps and good luck with your move. i personally live in perry and travel to RAFB for work. it's approx 23 mile commute. not bad at all.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 5,858 times
Default Nice apt.

I live in Kathleen in Houston Lake apts. They are nice, there are two you should stay away from High Grove and Sandia East. Go to apartmentguide.com, we would have rented in Coldwater Creek apts. they are new but we didn't like the school our daughter would have had to go to.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 5,812 times
Default Welcome to Warner Robins, GA

Coldwater Creek Apartments are brand new and convienently 6.5 miles from the base. This unique community has alot to offer to someone relocating. There is a state-of-the-art fitness center that residents have unlimited access to, a 24 hr. laundry area, and several different floor plans to best accomodate you. The apartments are pre-wired for cox communications, trash/sewage/pest control included, and totally electric while the local service provider is Flint electric. The exterior a.c. units are brand new, energy efficient Carrier units and depending on usage and the square feet in the apartment can range. You can view some pictures of the community and see the floor plans at coldwaterapt.com. Email me at [EMAIL="Coldwaterapt@gmail.com"]Coldwaterapt@gmail.com[/EMAIL] if you any other questions. Currently, there is a move-in special that will greatly benefit you in your relocating. Talk to you soon.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 5,625 times
Default If you want my two cents.....

I myself have lived in Warner Robins my entire life, i just recently had family move into the area whom were looking for an apartment , i went with them to do the searching being that i'm fimilar with the area. I also had a fellow family member who has experience in plumbing and other maintanence work, and i myself have worked in customer service for over ten years myself, with that being said , i can assure you of the perfect place to live. Which is Lexington Place Apartments! We went to ColdWater Creek off Corder Rd. thinking since It is the newest community in WR , it would be the nicest place to reside, mark my words, that property is gorgeous, but the attitude presented to my family and I in that front office , was rude enough to scare away anyone! With that being said , you can look all day for a up-to-date community , but will it have that first class customer service? you tell me! =)

Old 01-20-2010, 07:15 AM

1 posts, read 5,208 times
I came across this discussion and would just like to say that my family and I live at Coldwater Creek. We were one of the first families to move in and have enjoyed it every day since our decision. The staff is very welcoming and the events they do are wonderful. You will have to come see for yourself! As far as the comments I have seen on this post, its very obvious that Lexington very own staff is threatened by Coldwater. Lets play nice.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,629 times
I work at the base and moved to Houston Lake Apt community for a couple of reasons. The apartments feel more like townhouses or condo's. Gated community with staff and maintenance living on site. Apartments feel much larger with higher 10ft ceilings! Plenty of room. And built with added touches of a home with crown molding, huge walk in closets all at reasonable pricing. Another reason was the peace and quite living just outside Warner Robins. If you live in WR be prepared for the high traffic volume on the two major streets accessing the base. I now live twice as far away and my travel time was cut in half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia