U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 09:23 AM

16 posts, read 48,521 times

Advertisements

New to the area--trying to find a church home. Please offer any suggestions regarding churches in Valdosta. Interested in Bible believing church--faith in Jesus Christ---not necessarily denomination. Thanks!

Trying to search online......

Any info on Crosspoint Church in Valdosta??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,650 times
I went to the Crosspoint church maybe once or twice while living in Valdosta. It was OK, but I wouldn't reccomend it. I just wasn't to much into the bands and everything. I would suggest to you though, The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints off of Jerrry Jones. You may not be to big into it, but i know alot of the people there and they were always really nice to me and made me feel welcome and comfortable. There are alot of youth and alot of programs to participate in, including Boy Scouts and all sorts of awesome things. 2nd Ward Services start at 11PM on Sundays and last until 2PM. Everything is really family oriented there, and there are plenty of kids if you have any. To find out what the church services are like you can visit [URL]http://www.mormon.org[/URL]
I hope this helps. Let me know if you go. Ttyl

-Bradley

Old 05-25-2010, 08:44 PM

1,940 posts, read 8,438,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleypridgeon View Post
I would suggest to you though, The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints off of Jerrry Jones. You may not be to big into it, but i know alot of the people there and they were always really nice to me and made me feel welcome and comfortable.
While many mormons will say otherwise, there is an extreme difference of beliefs between the mormon church and standard Christian beliefs. With that said, I have many mormon friends who are great people and have nothing against them; only making the OP aware that it is not the same Christian religion they may be accustomed to.

To the OP; I have been to crosspointe and the pastor preaches directly from the Bible without hesitation of who might be offended. It is not the typical "sunday morning" service. They have a praise & worship style service. While I do enjoy that occasionally, its not what I want on a sunday morning.

My church is not in valdosta, so I can't offer any other recommendations.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:36 PM

125 posts, read 195,246 times
First United Methodist at the corner of Valley St. and Patterson, downtown... I've heard it has a wonderful informal service, children welcome, I think it's called something like Jacob's Ladder, holds services out on a porch structure in good weather. I've never been, but it's been described to me a couple times. Quite a bit of singing, guitar music, quietly informal and spiritual. I believe the pastor's name is Rev. Moon, a newcomer to Valdosta, but highly praised.

Last edited by clearsight; 05-30-2010 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 06-03-2010, 04:47 PM

125 posts, read 195,246 times
The informal Sunday gathering at the downtown church- I'm told it's Solomon's Porch; Jacob's Ladder is a riding school of all things! But it sounds like a great name for a church gathering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia