U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:06 AM

75 posts, read 354,444 times

Advertisements

I agree, I live in lawrenceville(gwinnett county) but work in Dallas. Hope to move out this way(Dallas) soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 08:08 AM

167 posts, read 704,363 times
Default Gwinnett vs. Paulding

If you are looking for great shopping, Gwinnett definitely beats out Paulding in this area. Do a search for The Avenue at Webb Ginn, Discover Mills, Medieval Times or the Mall of Georgia. All of those shopping destinations are located in Gwinnett in addition to MANY others. People travel from other counties just to shop in Gwinnett. Here in Paulding, all we have are the usual chains; Gwinnett has more upper-end shopping.

Traffic is also VERY bad in Paulding because we have smaller highways than Gwinnett. Yes, traffic in Gwinnett is bad too, but when you are out there, after work, you don't have to get on the highways again because there is so much to do and fine dining everywhere. Here in Paulding, we have to travel if we want more than Walmart or McDonalds. You don't have to do that in Gwinnett.

There is more crime in Gwinnett, but I DO believe more crime is coming to Paulding. As this rural county grows, I hear more and more about crime in the area or nearby. I actually find it fruitless to find crime-free counties near metro ATL. It's impossible.

Gwinnett schools are ranked nationally. They have several outstanding academic and sports programs. I wish I could say the same for Paulding, but I can't. Both Gwinnett and Paulding schools have an overcrowding issue. Gwinnett is working on this issue, but Paulding is still adjusting to the rapid growth. It will take some time for us to catch up.

If you think about moving to Paulding, expect to see changes after you settle in. I'm saying this because development has really just begun over the last five years. If you move to Gwinnett, I would suggest the historic areas of Lawrenceville because they are going through a big revitalization effort there. I have a friend there and their downtown area is outstanding complete with some of the finest dining establishments and with a "live, work, and play" revitalization that will show positive changes within the next 5 years. You may can now get in early before the housing costs skyrocket.

Good luck in your search!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia