Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 03:47 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,717,181 times

Advertisements

Hello, Athenians.

My wife had a phone interview today with a school in Monroe. Her concern, since she doesn't like driving, is that the school may be at the edge of how far she'd be willing to drive to work each day.

When we visited Athens two months ago, we went to visit friends in Loganville and took 78 through Walton to get there. I can honestly say that, while driving no more than 5 over, we beat Google Maps' time by a good ten minutes. But this was after business hours.

My question, finally, is how is 78 from Athens going toward Monroe (and Atlanta) during the workweek? Even though it's quite rural between Athens and Loganville, is this a heavily traveled route?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 11:50 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,565,090 times
Much would depend on from your origin in Athens. Are you going to reside in Athens proper? If you live in Oconee County, then the hassle of getting on 78 is reduced. You will learn about some back roads as well which you can find on Google maps. It is around 23 miles which could be reduced depending on where you are living. 78 is not a bad route any time of the week.

Full disclosure. I don't routinely travel that route unless I am headed to the Atlanta Airport or to connect with I-20. I've just never had a negative experience with it.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:11 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,717,181 times
Thanks for the info.

We'll be living in Athens proper and a couple of minutes south of the 10 Loop. As a matter of fact, from where we'll be living, Google Maps shows that the quickest route is through Watkinsville, but I know my wife prefers driving on multilane highways.

In any event, it's nice to know that it should be a good drive for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia