U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 11:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeshorestateofmind View Post
The SE side of Grand Rapids is rough as Detroit the NE side can be pretty rough depending on which neighborhood your in, NW is very very nice, SW bout as bad as SE and besides the north part of Wyoming all the close suburbs are nice. And by all means don't go by just crime stats or "hear say" they never tell the whole truth. Unless you live in the rough part (the hood) its a good place to live.
I don't really agree with that because I have lived in grand rapids my whole life (23 years)
On the SE side and I have never heard or any major crimes around here happening or anything very bad and its not a rough area of gr at all. I live in a really nice neighborhood as are all the other neighborhoods that are around the area I live in on the SE side.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:05 PM

2,525 posts, read 1,950,445 times
I can't believe this was even a topic.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:08 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,040,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
I can't believe this was even a topic.
Yes, I'm pretty sure the overall per-capita crime rate is on a smaller scale. Not sure why anyone would need to ask, however when in Detroit I did hear an opinion that GR was worse - which had me wondering and which of course turned out to be untrue. Never know what irresponsible people will say off the cuff. Best not to rely on hearsay - even a casual "friendly" source with possibly a personal axe to grind.
Maybe the OP has heard such rumors.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:45 PM

8,872 posts, read 17,741,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Yes, I'm pretty sure the overall per-capita crime rate is on a smaller scale. Not sure why anyone would need to ask, however when in Detroit I did hear an opinion that GR was worse - which had me wondering and which of course turned out to be untrue. Never know what irresponsible people will say off the cuff. Best not to rely on hearsay - even a casual "friendly" source with possibly a personal axe to grind.
Maybe the OP has heard such rumors.
In the first 6 months of this year, only 2 homicides in the city of GR. Unbelievably low.

Grand Rapids crime: First six months is 'extraordinary' for low homicide rate | MLive.com

Most other crimes were also down. In other news, prostitution was way up.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 582 times
Yea but saginaw is more way more dangerous city than benton harbor and GR combined, they list Benton harbor a dangerous city just by the property problems that city has, that city rarely has a high homicide rate... I currently live in Grand rapids,n I love it here... n also don't come to GR on that dumb **** tho, cuz u jus nvr kno with this city.... Grand rapids is a very pretty city, but that can be turned around with dumbness.... but im born n raised in Saginaw,mi a far different city than both.... its a baby version of Detroit if u ask me....

Old 06-18-2015, 09:45 AM

1,582 posts, read 1,608,326 times
Close this ridiculous thread!

Old 06-18-2015, 09:52 AM

4,153 posts, read 3,823,943 times
Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area