Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 06:32 PM

317 posts, read 840,141 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to grand rapids and my company is giving me 3 days to search for an apartment. i want have something in mind now so when I get there, i won't feel rushed. Please offer any suggestions if you can. About my current situation:

- 28 male asian
- will be moving by myself. From Oklahoma
- In oklahoma, I currently live in a 500 sq ft apartment for 395/month. 1 bedroom apt.
- Not looking for an luxury apartment, but just a one bedroom will be fine. Would like a place fairly safe. fairly close to convent and grocery stores
- Since I will be on my own and do not know any one, it would be nice if I have easy access to the local attractions, so I can become social.

I'm not looking for a lot. Main point is to get some recommendations on some apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 08:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semidevil View Post
I'll be moving to grand rapids and my company is giving me 3 days to search for an apartment. i want have something in mind now so when I get there, i won't feel rushed. Please offer any suggestions if you can. About my current situation:

- 28 male asian
- will be moving by myself. From Oklahoma
- In oklahoma, I currently live in a 500 sq ft apartment for 395/month. 1 bedroom apt.
- Not looking for an luxury apartment, but just a one bedroom will be fine. Would like a place fairly safe. fairly close to convent and grocery stores
- Since I will be on my own and do not know any one, it would be nice if I have easy access to the local attractions, so I can become social.

I'm not looking for a lot. Main point is to get some recommendations on some apartments.

That really depends on what part of Grand Rapids you'll be working

Old 11-09-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
That really depends on what part of Grand Rapids you'll be working
Good point. haha. You can obviously tell I don't know grand rapids well. my company told me that the place I will work is in Caledonia. Does that help? One of my co workers says that there is a River Oaks apartment in kentwood, that' is near there and is about $800/month. This apartment complex is about 3 minutes from my

I'm wondering if I can get anything cheaper. looking more 450 to 600 range.

Last edited by semidevil; 11-09-2011 at 04:23 PM..

Old 11-12-2011, 07:52 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,844,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semidevil View Post
Good point. haha. You can obviously tell I don't know grand rapids well. my company told me that the place I will work is in Caledonia. Does that help? One of my co workers says that there is a River Oaks apartment in kentwood, that' is near there and is about $800/month. This apartment complex is about 3 minutes from my

I'm wondering if I can get anything cheaper. looking more 450 to 600 range.
There are a lot of apartments in Kentwood that are probably in that price range. A LOT. Way too many to list.

I found this website:

Kentwood Apartments for Rent | Kentwood, MI - Apartments.com

Old 11-14-2011, 10:49 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,406,945 times
You could also find some decent apartments to the south, in towns like Dorr or Wayland.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:29 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,820,455 times
Though unless you really love country life, Door or Wayland would probably seem too sleepy for a single under 30 person. Kentwood area would be fairly close. If you like an urban hipster sort of place, the Heritage Hill/Eastown/Midtown areas of Grand Rapids are not too expensive, acceptable safe, IMO, and a tolerable commute. Though apartments in those areas are more likely to be single family home conversions or duplexs than large complexes.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 AM

what do you guys think of the sutton club apartment in grand rapids? It is in kentwood area and is in my price range. the websie also makes it seem luxurious. Is that area safe and suitable for a young single male?

Old 11-21-2011, 02:11 PM

49 posts, read 173,025 times
If your going to be working in caladonia then go to these apartments. They are the best ones for you because of location, price, safe, mix races, and lots of women who love3s asians stay around their..

Woodfield Apartments Apartments, 6111 Woodfield Drive Grand Rapids, MI - Apartments for Rent on ApartmentGuide.com | Grand Rapids Michigan | 162789

Woodfield Apartments

6111 Woodfield Drive | Grand Rapids, MI 49548 |

There is alot of bars and stuff to do in that area there. Lots of businesses

Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 AM

haha. i'll check it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area