U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 02:39 PM

8,872 posts, read 17,742,937 times

Advertisements

Cabela's to build its second store in the State, in the Grand Rapids area, near Rivertown Crossings Mall (Grandville):

Cabela's will open long-awaited West Michigan store in 2013 | MLive.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 06:16 AM

2,894 posts, read 4,007,568 times
I have been to the Dundee store a couple times. I like the fresh water aquariums of game fish, and the taxidermy mountain, but the rest of it is nothing I need.

What has astounded me on my few visits are the families video taping each other inside and outside the store as if they are visiting Disney World!

My sister made the mistake of going there the weekend before start of Deer Season one year to get her husband a Christmas Gift. Her comment later, after describing the huge crowds, was "I have never seen so many Mullets in one place in my life!"

Old 02-23-2012, 09:46 AM

95 posts, read 216,708 times
I always get a chuckle out of the fact that Cabela's, with six million visitors per year, claims to be Michigan biggest tourist attraction. Apparently, they are not aware Fairlane Town Center, Great Lakes Crossing Mall, Rivertown Crossing Mall, Twelve Oaks Mall, and Briarwood Mall (and perhaps a few others) have well more than ten million visitors per year.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:12 AM

808 posts, read 2,970,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomRShine View Post
I always get a chuckle out of the fact that Cabela's, with six million visitors per year, claims to be Michigan biggest tourist attraction. Apparently, they are not aware Fairlane Town Center, Great Lakes Crossing Mall, Rivertown Crossing Mall, Twelve Oaks Mall, and Briarwood Mall (and perhaps a few others) have well more than ten million visitors per year.
Cabela's is just one store, while the malls you listed has more than one stores.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich2fla View Post
Cabela's is just one store, while the malls you listed has more than one stores.
What difference does that make?

Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 AM

3,095 posts, read 5,624,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomRShine View Post
What difference does that make?
Didn't mich2fla just explain why it makes a difference? Cabela's is one store. A mall has 100-plus stores. You're comparing the visitor statistics for one store to that of a mall with 100-plus stores. I would hope that I wouldn't have to explain WHY those two things are different.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:38 AM

8,872 posts, read 17,742,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
Didn't mich2fla just explain why it makes a difference? Cabela's is one store. A mall has 100-plus stores. You're comparing the visitor statistics for one store to that of a mall with 100-plus stores. I would hope that I wouldn't have to explain WHY those two things are different.
I think what BoomRShine is saying is that Cabela's touting their "biggest tourist attraction" status and the number of visitors they get is quite laughable. Just because you have a waterfall and stuffed animals and 6 million visitors does not a tourist attraction make. You're a store, in the business of selling things.

Rivertown Crossings Mall has a tree house with plastic birds and a merry-go-round and has 10 Million visitors a year. Why don't they call themselves West Michigan's largest tourist attraction? Because it's dumb, that's why.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
I suppose, based on this line of reasoning, Mackinac Island shouldn't count as a single tourist attaction as it has multiple places to visit and sites to see, instead of just one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area