U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,119 times

Advertisements

We are likely moving to Grand Rapids from a Columbus, OH, suburb. I am looking into EGR and Forest Hills/Ada because I hear both school districts are very good (two kids in Elementary/Middle school). I'd like to live in a family neighborhood where the kids can build friendships.
My husband will work north west of downtown so we are looking at north east areas, Ada included. EGR...we like it, but taxes and cost of housing may too high.
Any suggestions about family-friendly neighborhoods with newer homes in the 300K-400K range?
Any difference among the Forest Hills schools in terms of quality? Or are they all more less the same? If you know anything about this distric, what do you like the most, and the least?
I think we'll need to rent while we sell our home -- any suggestions within the Forest Hills school district? Thanks for any advice --- miving it's pretty stressful and some of the forums have already been helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 12:21 PM

8,872 posts, read 17,741,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friascatha View Post
We are likely moving to Grand Rapids from a Columbus, OH, suburb. I am looking into EGR and Forest Hills/Ada because I hear both school districts are very good (two kids in Elementary/Middle school). I'd like to live in a family neighborhood where the kids can build friendships.
My husband will work north west of downtown so we are looking at north east areas, Ada included. EGR...we like it, but taxes and cost of housing may too high.
Any suggestions about family-friendly neighborhoods with newer homes in the 300K-400K range?
Any difference among the Forest Hills schools in terms of quality? Or are they all more less the same? If you know anything about this distric, what do you like the most, and the least?
I think we'll need to rent while we sell our home -- any suggestions within the Forest Hills school district? Thanks for any advice --- miving it's pretty stressful and some of the forums have already been helpful.
Forest Hills Eastern stretches way up to 3 Mile and over to Dean Lake, so that puts you conveniently toward the NW side. The good part is that the schools are great and it's convenient to everything. I may know of the perfect neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area