U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 07:12 PM

845 posts, read 3,018,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhouse View Post
Leaving early Sunday morning....hoping to be up there 4ish.

Crapplebees....LOL!
Thank you!
Will definitely be avoiding anything other than LOCAL.

Any suggestions a nice DOWNTOWN hotel for maybe one or two nights of POSH after the Fairfield??

103F down here right now....with humidity....Crazy drought....Looking forward to seeing GREEN countryside!

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE GREAT INFO!!
The City Flats hotel is fantastic. It's right downtown in Holland, has a view of water or town (depending on the rooms) and is an easy walk to the entire town.

I highly recommend it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM

27 posts, read 79,673 times
Thank you again!!

Just discovered that apparently the Muskegon-Milwaukee Ferry doesn't run on Thursdays.

So....will probably end up taking afternoon ferry across on Wed and hang out in Milwaukee for a day or two....

Unless we are really loving the beaches ....we stay and blow off the ferry.....LOL
Not going to worry about it too much.

Thanks again to all for the great info!
Have a GREAT SUMMER!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:26 PM

27 posts, read 79,673 times
Just got back a few hours ago.

Had a great time! It was only an 8 1/2 hr drive from our home in Central MO. We left early Sunday morning and got up there about 4:30EST and went straight to Tunnel Park after checking in.

WOW. What a treasure those beaches are....I honestly had no idea how nice they truly are!!

We went to the beach every day....favoring Oval over the others....cant remember the name of park with all the steps...LakePointPark?? My calves still ache! LOL

Great weather up until Thursday....the rain felt so good Thursday evening! I wish we would get some of that around here!

Loved the vibe in Saugatuck....although the food is decidedly better in Holland....loaded up on Fennville wine too....

The Fairfield Inn is completely average by any standard. If you like bland...you might like this place.

However...the Holland Inn...right next door was a total steal for a King room ...and remarkably large and clean!

We will be back. What a great place to escape the summer heat that seems to be getting worse every year lately.
Thanks again for all the good info!
We had a blast!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:12 PM

235 posts, read 460,201 times
Quote:
....loaded up on Fennville wine too....
LOVE Fenn Valley! Glad you had a great trip!

Old 07-30-2012, 10:41 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,042,735 times
Quote:

Had a great time! It was only an 8 1/2 hr drive from our home in Central MO. We left early Sunday morning and got up there about 4:30EST and went straight to Tunnel Park after checking in.

WOW. What a treasure those beaches are....I honestly had no idea how nice they truly are!!

We went to the beach every day....favoring Oval over the others....cant remember the name of park with all the steps...LakePointPark?? My calves still ache! LOL

We had a blast!
I think the park stairs you refer to is at Mount Baldhead.
If at all possible, at a future date you should find time for the unique Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore. I consider it the lower peninsula's vacation gem, and I always steer visitors there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area