U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 02:31 AM

26 posts, read 56,113 times

Advertisements

Is there any way to get help finding a house to rent? I can't do it alone. I can't find anything on the internet.

I'm interested in Ludington. This website says Ludington is 43% cheaper than where I am now. But everything I'm finding is more expensive. We're currently renting a 3 bedroom/2 bath house for $600 a month. I can't find anything like that in the Ludingtion area. Most real estate agents only care about sales. And there's only 1 listing on Craigslist. I'm not going to be able to move unless I can get some help. I'd like a few options to choose from, just 1 is ridiculous.

It's always easy to find apartments & houses to buy but it's next to impossible to find houses to rent.

I see a lot of listings in the Grand Rapids area but I really wanted a small town near the coast. I've been stuck inland all my life & I hate it. This time I want to be pretty close to the coast. If there's nothing to choose from in Ludington what other towns would I like? I want a small 1 horse town near the coast. I don't want a lot of people around & I despise crowds & traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 AM

82 posts, read 268,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem View Post
Is there any way to get help finding a house to rent? I can't do it alone. I can't find anything on the internet.

I'm interested in Ludington. This website says Ludington is 43% cheaper than where I am now. But everything I'm finding is more expensive. We're currently renting a 3 bedroom/2 bath house for $600 a month. I can't find anything like that in the Ludingtion area. Most real estate agents only care about sales. And there's only 1 listing on Craigslist. I'm not going to be able to move unless I can get some help. I'd like a few options to choose from, just 1 is ridiculous.

It's always easy to find apartments & houses to buy but it's next to impossible to find houses to rent.

I see a lot of listings in the Grand Rapids area but I really wanted a small town near the coast. I've been stuck inland all my life & I hate it. This time I want to be pretty close to the coast. If there's nothing to choose from in Ludington what other towns would I like? I want a small 1 horse town near the coast. I don't want a lot of people around & I despise crowds & traffic.
Dude, if you want to live by beautiful coastline there are going to be times when there are crowds. If you know of a scenic, naturally beautiful beach that people unexplainably stay away from in the USA, I would love to hear about it. Maybe try Alaska. Or something in the UP...

Old 11-02-2012, 06:58 PM

12,083 posts, read 34,951,872 times
You are used to dealing with a city that is almost 8 times larger than Ludington, plus the use of Craigslist isn't very high around here. Contact a few of the Realtors in the Ludington area and they should be able to help you find what you are looking for. I know there are some Realtors here that buy and rent homes all the time, but don't advertise. The house next door to mine was just bought and rented out by a local Realtor who is just listed as a salesman. Try Lighthouse Realty in Ludington for leads. Also Property Management of the Lakeshore has some listings. If they have nothing you like, one of these two should be able to put you in touch with others in the area. They all work well together.

As for lots of people, crowds and traffic, then you might be better off staying outside of Ludington proper. It can get busy in the Summer months and kind of irritating. I avoid Ludington like the plague during the summer, and always go around town to get to the lake or State Park. Scottville is quiet year round but we have almost nothing for shopping, Fountain and Free Soil are nice friendly little places but have even less than Scottville. All are a short drive to the Lake and in my opinion the few minutes spent in the car is worth not dealing with the tourists all summer long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area