Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,364,722 times

Advertisements

Anyone know if any breweries in Grand Rapids (Founders, Vivant, etc) have restaurants that are kid-friendly? Doesnt have to have a specific kids menu, but somewhat spacious and enough background noise to neutralize my kids fussiness. Would be going around Lunch.

I didn't see anything promising when i poked around Yelp but was hoping someone else could provide a different take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,941,289 times
They'd be fine at Founders for lunch. Big space, picnic tables, not close or intimate seating. You seat yourself, so you could select a place that would be out of the way for you and your children. The portions (whole sandwiches) are HUGE, better to order the smaller one. The beer cheese dip is amazing.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,600,730 times
The new Grand Rapids Brewing Co. would work also. I read an article about it, and it specifically mentioned that it would be kid-friendly as long as you came in before 9:00 pm.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Anyone know if any breweries in Grand Rapids (Founders, Vivant, etc) have restaurants that are kid-friendly? Doesnt have to have a specific kids menu, but somewhat spacious and enough background noise to neutralize my kids fussiness. Would be going around Lunch.

I didn't see anything promising when i poked around Yelp but was hoping someone else could provide a different take.
Founders and the new Grand Rapids Brewing Co are both kid friendly. Or, at least, I see a lot of people bring in kids before the late evening rowdiness begins.

The BOB brews its own beer and has video games, and a lunch pizza buffet.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM

17 posts, read 34,177 times
We go to Harmony with the kids often...it almost feels more coffee shop than brewery. Took the kids to Mitten recently, too. I called first and they encouraged it. Things were fine, but we did have the only kids there. I've only seen kids on the patio in the summer at Vivant, never inside.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,364,722 times
Thanks everyone! Will set my sights on Founders and maybe take a stab at Harmony or the Mitten. Didn't realize they opened a new GR Brewing Company; last time i was there was 3 years ago on 28th street. A trip to Vivant and/or Hopcat may be in order with the wife only.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:05 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,750,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Thanks everyone! Will set my sights on Founders and maybe take a stab at Harmony or the Mitten. Didn't realize they opened a new GR Brewing Company; last time i was there was 3 years ago on 28th street. A trip to Vivant and/or Hopcat may be in order with the wife only.
It is a new location, Grand Rapids BC wend out of business a month before our wedding when we where we were supposed to have our rehearsal dinner last year. They re-opened in downtown this year.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:23 PM

82 posts, read 138,467 times
From what I know, the 28th street GRBC went out of business. Then Mark Sellers, owner of Hopcat, bought the rights to the GRBC name and their brewing equipment with the intention of reopening the brewery downtown. As I understand it, the only thing the new downtown GRBC and the old 28th street location have in common is the name and Silver Foam beer. Different owner, different menu & and different beer (except Silver Foam).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area