U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 01:51 PM

4,389 posts, read 4,176,470 times

Advertisements

https://mibiz.com/item/25085-west-mi...n-headquarters

Suffice to say someone has a better shot at winning the power ball but why not.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 02:56 PM

3 posts, read 2,175 times
Build it right next to Amway

Old 09-09-2017, 05:47 PM

9,198 posts, read 17,828,039 times
They managed to pull off the Switch pyramid deal, so actually have some practice in making a good pitch for that kind of tech investment, and Amazon is a Switch customer.

It's a long shot, but there is a certain logic to putting in the effort for going forward with the proposal.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:21 AM

337 posts, read 423,381 times
I live in Seattle currently (from Grand Haven) which is where Amazon main headquarters is located. I really don't think GR is a contender and I actually think they'll pass on Detroit. Amazon is going to want good transit, affordability and availability of housing inventory. Both GR and Detroit have two of the above but I think transit will kill it. Last year the people of Detroit voted-down a mass-transit system and I really believe that will kill any interest from a new, modern company. I don't think it's too late for GR if you all keep your heads in the game regarding mass-transit. Hell, if Salt Lake City can build light rail so can you.

The other thing is that Amazon has caused a massive economic boom in the Seattle metro area. Housing inventory and traffic have gone crazy. Housing prices have sky-rocketed, i'm not sure that any of you would want that for Grand Rapids. A good economy, yes, but demand and craziness, no. If any of you think that GR is expensive now, just wait until Amazon HQ2 comes to town.

Last edited by Polymorphist; 11-27-2017 at 03:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area