U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM

15 posts, read 35,173 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on the Northview school district in Grand Rapids, MI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 PM

112 posts, read 269,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW12 View Post
Does anyone have any information on the Northview school district in Grand Rapids, MI?
We have 5 kids...they all went to NV. What do you want to know?

Old 11-14-2008, 08:47 AM

Default Northview schools?

Any thoughts you have would be great. I hear that it is a very good district. Class size? quality of teachers from your experience? parent involvement? are some schools better than others in the district? flaws? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:54 AM

310 posts, read 1,096,374 times
Default Northview Schools

Here are some links that may help you with school information and research.

Great Schools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

Schooldigger.com -- Search and compare elementary, middle, and high schools.

Michigan Public School Rankings

Good luck!

Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM

112 posts, read 269,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW12 View Post
Any thoughts you have would be great. I hear that it is a very good district. Class size? quality of teachers from your experience? parent involvement? are some schools better than others in the district? flaws? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.
It could be argued that this is one of the better districts in the area (not because our kids went there...that just worked out that way by coincidence).

The vast majority of graduates head to college...I'm guessing 95%+.

It would likely score above average or at least average for all the things you mention.

It's a relatively small district in a relatively stable area.

Teachers are well compensated averaging $60-65K salaries plus another $20-25K in benefits.

It is one of the more (if not most) highly sought out school districts in the area when folks are looking to move.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:50 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,477,670 times
I graduated from Northview a long time ago. At that time the area was one of the best school districts in the GR area. I had a friend that her children went to elementary school there (since than relocated to another area because of home ownership), she was very happy with the schools and teachers.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 PM

2,970 posts, read 6,360,737 times
I too graduated from Northview. Attended school there from 5th - 12th grade and had an excellent education. They have great parent involvement, quality teachers, and a thriving athletic program. The band is very good too. It is smaller than neighboring Rockford, Forest Hills, and Grand Rapids. One of my siblings currently teachers there, and 6 of my nieces and nephews attend the elementary and middle schools. They are all doing exceptionally well.

Oh I should also mention that they house the KISD program for Deaf and Hard of Hearing, or at least they used to.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:09 PM

Default Northview schools?

Thanks for the replies--I will check the Northview area out when I visit.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:45 PM

33 posts, read 77,522 times
I lived in northview school district where my 10 year old attended for 4 years. We moved to FortWayne indiana and he was 2 grades behind in math. Northview was making my son stupid. He is so far behind compared to here and he is a good student who got A's at Northview. He is struggling to catch up to the academics here. I would say that Northview is a poor academic school however they do not have financial troubles. I thought the school was so great until I learned that they have low academic standards.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:46 PM

33 posts, read 77,522 times
The neighborhoods in Northview school district plainfiend township is awesome. I loved living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area