Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2015, 03:39 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,142,461 times

Advertisements

Grand Rapids, Michigan Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - MLive.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 07:08 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
A lot of crap in that lot. There are some cool venues this year though, that don't have anything in the top 20.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:38 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
With the clear understanding that few things make me happier than seeing folks get off their duffs and out of their La-Z-Boy loungers to go out to look at and enjoy art, the days of seeing works that approach anything edgy, thought-provoking or jaw-droppingly innovative are over. In my humblest of opinions, when it became clear that unless your work was comically oversized, Jesusy, screamed USA! USA! USA! or was glittery/sparkly you had virtually no chance to walk away with big $$$. That was the moment serious artists and serious art (a.k.a. something more profound than what you're likely to see at the State Fair) may have simply wrote this thing off.

Again, I'm trilled to see the streets packed, happy the hotels and restaurants are busy (which after all, was as much about doing the event as anything) and perhaps best of all, no more abominations are to be found in the BOB parking lot.

I'm especially bummed because it was a great opportunity to add some really nice pieces to my own art collection. The shark has been jumped.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:24 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,099,533 times
Citizens, we are reaping the sad results of the absence of Art Education/Art Appreciation in schools.
A sure winner for future years?
the seated Madonna, with a basket of frolicking puppies, as an etherial Ronald Reagan and Gerald R. Ford look on, smiling through the clouds on either side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area