U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,105 times

Advertisements

All,
My husband is interviewing for a job in Grand Rapids and we may be moving. We have a 6th grade son who is playing club soccer in Wisconsin. We are looking at living in the Forest Hills area since it appears they have excellent schools. Could anyone give me information on youth soccer programs offered in the area?

Much appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,936 times
Flying Kick- Brazilian style- Fabio Mendez President, Crew, Alliance, Ole are all good soccer clubs. The wolves are team from Detroit that is starting a club here next year. They may be merging with Pass from West MI. You will enjoy this side of the lake. We are originally from Chicago and really enjoy the area. Check out Rockford, East Grand Rapids as well as Forest Hills. All have great schools.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:49 AM

13 posts, read 47,466 times
Also, you can check into the Recreation Depts. for the area you move to. My daughter has played soccer for 3 years and softball for 1 through the Rec. Dept. I know that Grand Rapids has one and also Walker, so I am sure that Forrest Hills area will have one too.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:39 PM

3 posts, read 3,966 times
As far as club soccer goes... Grand Rapids Crew Jrs. is the best club around.

If you're looking for fun league play, MVP Sports Spot in Kentwood offers a variety of league play in the winter. I highly suggest taking a look at what they have to offer. It attracts a lot of Forest Hills families too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area