U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 AM

19 posts, read 33,075 times

Advertisements

and you never broke the law

Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 AM

yea, was angry, am angry but really the more i think bout ,really its the pethetic lil cop,hiding behind a badge. that i find frustrating.
ya know how many times i`v been to the hospital/med-sation/e-rooms over the years

Old 07-20-2009, 02:12 PM
YAZ

7,138 posts, read 12,202,046 times
Here ya go....

MSP - Traffic Laws FAQs

Just click on "Window Tint Laws".......

And you CAN get a prescription from your doctor.

The law is clear, and a FAQ since it's on the front page of the Michigan State Police website.

The police officer wasn't harassing your wife, trying to make a quota, or collecting cash for the state's coffers.

The police officer was doing the job he/she was hired to do.

Tell it to the judge.

And bring a doctor's note with ya.....

Old 07-20-2009, 02:41 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,874,396 times
Actually tinted windows are allowed in Michigan, within certain parameters.
Michigan Window Tint Law - TintCenter.com

Apparently your wife's car was in violation somehow. It's easy to find the laws - ignorance is not a legal excuse...a few years ago I bought a used minivan that had quite dark tint on the side & rear windows (legal, apparently) and I checked the legality before driving it.

Make sure you familiarize yourself with pertinent state laws, wherever you move to. Crying that you got a ticket for violating a perfectly findable and reasonable law is silly.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:43 PM

24,875 posts, read 21,698,957 times
Michigan does have some stupid laws, but I'd say that the tint on your windows would be on the bottom of my list.

Try that stupid "drivers responibility fee" for starters. Thats double jeopardy if I've even heard of it.

MI is a fine state to live in, Sorry you don't like it so much. I moved back south for family, but I've made freinds there for life, and when I retire/or kid is gone to college I may move back. They have some silly laws, just like any other state, but in the end its YOUR responsibility to to be in the know. I don't remember any state having a "our laws are different than yours" booth at the state line.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:53 PM

they were not tinted to be kool or gangsta, they served a purpose. its a pretty chicken **** ticket under the circumstances. outa spite i may just pay the ticket. i thought it was certain citys that had tintin laws. i know i com off alil, cruel. so when we head out on vaca. again do i pay to tint the windows again? if anyone had or has had kids, people close to them that suffered from migrains (not just a bad headache) would know exactly what i mean.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:58 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,874,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer View Post
tif anyone had or has had kids, people close to them that suffered from migrains (not just a bad headache) would know exactly what i mean.
I get wicked ocular migraines that are triggered by bright lights - sunlight flashing off a bumper will do it - and in over 30 years of driving (including being an over the road trucker) it never occured to me to get tinted windows. I don't care for them, especially at night.

Very good sunglasses do the trick for me - look online for "glacier glasses" which have the little leather dealie on the outside of each lens to prevent sunlight intruding. Or the wraparound type.

Cheaper than getting windows tinted again, too.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:10 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,964,785 times
Quote:
they were not tinted to be kool or gangsta, they served a purpose. its a pretty chicken **** ticket under the circumstances. outa spite i may just pay the ticket. i thought it was certain citys that had tintin laws. i know i com off alil, cruel. so when we head out on vaca. again do i pay to tint the windows again? if anyone had or has had kids, people close to them that suffered from migrains (not just a bad headache) would know exactly what i mean.
Sucks what happened but laws are laws and they are in place for a reason. If your son and wife suffer from Migraines ( I don't know how the blaring sun from the windshield while driving would not bother your wife) I'd go to your doctor, get a note and try to fight it in court.
I was given a ticket on my old dodge pickup from a state trooper and tried to plead it was on the vehicle when I bought it. I was then instructed to remove the tint and then had to take it to the police dept in Southfield ( the city n which I received the ticket) present the ticket and show an officer the tint had been removed. This is exactly what I did and the ticket was thrown away with no fee.
I was told that there is an allowable amount of tint you can legally have on the front windows, and rear windows both. Places who do tint however to my knowledge are not held accountable or required to follow any guidelines when applying tint. If you ask for illegal tint, your the one who runs the risk of the ticket.
In response to your comment about how you can't wait to get out of this state and all the negative things you said. I agree with everyone else. See ya. Buh bye. Have a nice trip. Don't let the big mitten hit ya in the rear on the way out.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:37 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Pleez.

It's not a @%$&%%$#$# ticket.

Refer to MSP website.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:38 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Michigan does have some stupid laws, but I'd say that the tint on your windows would be on the bottom of my list.

Try that stupid "drivers responibility fee" for starters. Thats double jeopardy if I've even heard of it.

MI is a fine state to live in, Sorry you don't like it so much. I moved back south for family, but I've made freinds there for life, and when I retire/or kid is gone to college I may move back. They have some silly laws, just like any other state, but in the end its YOUR responsibility to to be in the know. I don't remember any state having a "our laws are different than yours" booth at the state line.

Off topic.

I like Niceville, FL.

This thread needs positive vibes anyway....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or