Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:20 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,794,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayhem666 View Post
In what way?

Don't see why not. A majority of males in these relationships view it as positive, about a third viewed them as neutral, and a minority of 5% viewed them as negative.
I am not sure that males at such an age are capable of fully understanding all of the aspects of such a relationship.

Thus, it is irrelevant whether or not they view it as a positive or as a negative.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Zot

468 posts, read 681,523 times
Based on the various court decisions I've seen reported in my life, statutory rape causes damage only to pretty young mostly white girls. However, young boys, appear in judicial speak to "get lucky" when experiencing the same violation.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:32 PM

166 posts, read 241,026 times
Nope not a bit,if you have to ask I will just say no!!! I really hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:55 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Great question, OP. I have experienced this personally. I am a 37 year old female. My first sexual encounter (at age 13) was with a much older adult woman. I never felt victimized in any way. I enjoyed it very much, and still remember the experience fondly.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:27 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
But that makes the assumption that there are parents on scene who are parenting.
Meanwhile, you're making the assumption they are not. Right? While I hope the parents aren't actually ON SCENE during these activities, to assume kids who start (having sex) young have absentee and/or useless parents is empirically false. Just about everyone I knew in high school was sexually active by age 14-16, at least the girls, and many of them/us had extremely involved parents. I personally started at 16 with a slightly younger man, later was with a few older men, and would never blame any of that on poor parenting... my folks were married for 29 years, and did a VERY good job at raising us overall.

Not to mention, it was always the kids with the MOST strict parents who were the craziest! One of my best friends lost her virginity at 14, then proceeded to be with some 100+ men over the next decade-ish, and her parents were super strict. Haven't you ever heard the stories of Catholic school girls?

And no, I do not feel my relationships with older men (had a few) were "damaging" in that way. One of my longest relationships to date started when he was 24 and I was 17... it wasn't the best relationship ever, or we'd still be together, but we are still close friends 20+ years later. If I felt like he'd emotionally damaged or "raped" me, I wouldn't have maintained a friendship with him for all of these years. He ended up with a woman even younger (but legal) than me, and they're married with three children now.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:15 PM

684 posts, read 869,122 times
Statutory rape laws presume coercion.

As regards any form of harm beyond presumed harm, case particulars will certainly vary. However, even in states with Romeo and Juliet laws, having sex with a person whom the law deems to be incapable of consenting to sex is a huge and highly imprudent risk. This is especially true if one of the participants is an adult.

If a prosecutor becomes aware of such a case, you should and can expect them to prosecute the case.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:18 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
Moderator cut: Against forum guidelines

Statutory rape was invented because

A. You couldn't lynch and hang an Negro ( AAmerican/Moderator cut: Against forum guidelines) for having an relationship anymore. Go look up the transition of law and events. They have newspapers with these events. So they used the SRape law to attack people instead.

B. People were making babies with twelve year olds and was not "getting married" or taking responsibility. Again the age was never the problem. People were not "stepping up to the plate" of responsibility. MOSTLY MEN WERE NOT STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE

C. Remember your rights.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................

Short answer no. It depends on the person educational experiences with people.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................

The answer is no. It does not matter what age. Moderator cut: Off topic

Back in the 1990's we had bs ideas. Their are literally dozens of rooms of thesis-es about this.

SR is only presented in California ( because of the prostitution in the nearby area ) and few states. Not every single state. Even so the marriage rights differ from state to state as well. I know it is bs. Seriously none of those things really matters at all.gl

Also the law is not absolute. You can't go outside and start saying bs; without any reason at all. You can't lie or push a minor to lie. The bigger issue is when it does happen ( where the parents start thinking racist/religious bs ) chances are they damage their children rather then the person they are "selfishly angry at".

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

Speaking about bogus bs we learn in college. PHILOSOPHY ( because this topic does come up in the readings ). The origin of rape is an religious gester of the Roman Christians.

MEANING THEY WANTED TO PRESERVE THE VIRGINITY OF WOMEN TO THE HIGHEST BIDDERS. That is the truth about the CLERGY and the DARK DARK AGES OF ROME.

The crime of rape was used to preserve womens bodies and prevent Romans from thinking like...........Romans. Something we got from the Palestine/Israel

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-22-2014 at 07:24 AM..

Old 10-22-2014, 07:27 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times

If you want to discuss this topic please start a new thread.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates