Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 AM
 
243 posts, read 277,409 times
Reputation: 166

Advertisements

If Marijuana is legalized, should smoking ban laws be amended to allow marijuana smoking in public places?

For example, should Cannabis Cafes be allowed to open, with smoking inside? Where smoking has been banned outside in parks, should marijuana smoking be allowed (especially popular at concerts)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 AM
 
Location: The Triad
34,091 posts, read 82,464,944 times
Reputation: 43647
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinrebel View Post
If Marijuana is legalized, should smoking ban laws be amended to allow marijuana smoking in public places?
No.

Quote:
Where smoking has been banned outside in parks, should marijuana smoking be allowed (especially popular at concerts)?
Same question. No.

Quote:
...should Cannabis Cafes be allowed to open, with smoking inside?
That's a horse of a different color... so Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,865 posts, read 10,405,433 times
Reputation: 6670
Yes, I'm usually pro-liberalization re: pot, but public smoking, where others may inhale the fumes, is a really dumb idea. Although it does raise the fact that increasing legalization will no doubt create a lot of new ''issues'', which will slowly be dealt with, just as we have with alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM
 
488 posts, read 411,033 times
Reputation: 238
Yes.

Good luck smoking a gelatinous pill manufactured by Big Pharma however. That is the only legal form of marijuana to be allowed when it becomes officially sanctioned by law.

Forward!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
 
243 posts, read 277,409 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
Yes.

Good luck smoking a gelatinous pill manufactured by Big Pharma however. That is the only legal form of marijuana to be allowed when it becomes officially sanctioned by law.

Forward!
Smoking pot has just been legalized in Washington and Colorado.

But you are right, that's how it would be if Big Pharma had a say in it.

Last edited by austinrebel; 12-05-2012 at 07:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 PM
 
4,130 posts, read 4,444,940 times
Reputation: 3041
I have family in Colorado...smoking is smoking to the people there.

If you are taking pills, then it is not smoking even if it is the same substance. The same with nicotine patches.

Anything where you are subjecting the people around you for what you want to do should be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Orlando
8,274 posts, read 12,808,040 times
Reputation: 4136
I think it should be legal, but that doesn't mean it will be a safe thing to do. If you smoke to get high you are still subjecting yourself to many nasty chemicals that will never be good for you, or others around you. If you want to be healthier, open brownie cafes and eat it,, spare everyone your second hand smoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 AM
 
4,598 posts, read 10,121,885 times
Reputation: 2523
If the law bans smoking cigarettes in certain places, that should extend to smoking marijuana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 AM
 
243 posts, read 277,409 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I think it should be legal, but that doesn't mean it will be a safe thing to do. If you smoke to get high you are still subjecting yourself to many nasty chemicals that will never be good for you, or others around you. If you want to be healthier, open brownie cafes and eat it,, spare everyone your second hand smoke.
There's a school of thought that says pot smoke is healthy and do not damage the lungs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 08:42 AM
 
243 posts, read 277,409 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
If the law bans smoking cigarettes in certain places, that should extend to smoking marijuana.
The trend now is ban smoking both inside and outside, and the latest is to ban smoking in apartments and condos. Standalone housing is the last free place to smoke in some places.

By the time is pot is legalized, there won't be any places left to smoke it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top