Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 03:55 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
guns are designed to kill, plain and simple.

Why do you participate in a discussion forum if you're not willing to actually discuss things? If you just want a place to spout off without bothering to acknowledge people that have replied to said spouting, start a blog.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. MODS/TPTB: WTF IS THE "GREAT DEBATES" FORUM STILL DOING IN EXISTENCE? MERGE IT WITH PoC AND BE DONE WITH IT IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO POLICE IT LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD.

Sheesh!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:31 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,871,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^ We ALL know WHERE and HOW Aid/HIV started and what was initially spreding it! We also know where the biggest culprits are that are continuing to spread it! We're talking MILLIONS dead...because of a LIFESTYLE!

And you want to ban GUNS...

You should read more betterest...I never Said VIOLENT video games....I simply said VIDEO INDUCED.
1. Homosexual marriage did not create AIDS, and it didn't kill anyone.

2. I never said I want to ban guns.

3. I took care to say that I have heard of games, that were non-violent, being the cause of someone's seizure.

Last edited by A2DAC1985; 12-26-2012 at 04:54 PM..

Old 12-26-2012, 04:53 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,484,501 times
Homosexulity is what spread aids initially and continues to be the largest contributor of it's spread to this day.

You're backtracking on #3 now...you KNOW it.

As for the person saying vaccines don't kill...OVER 2000 babies each year die in thUS because of them....

More than 2,000 vaccinated babies died: The cost of doing business
DEATHS AND VACCINATION

OH, but vaccine were INTENDED to be GOOD right? So 200 babies dead is okay because of GOOD INTENTIONS?

Alrighty then, I'LL play that game....GUNS were INTENDED as EQUALIZERS=GOOD! Guns gave everyone a chance of defending themselves no matter their physical stature!
This is GOOD INTENTIONS....it makes everybody EQUAL....YAY!

A lefties wet dream! Everybody is EQUAL YAY!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
A: You're going off topic.

B: I don't want gun bans, and I also don't want to ban those things. Few people I know - IRL or online - would.

C: You're going off topic.

A. That is probably true.

B. Then you must not spend much time in the real world, or online then. There are plenty of people in/on both that do.

C. That is probably true, but it seems like you don't have an answer for it, do you? The thread asks if something that kills 348 people a year, rifles, should be banned. I then proposed three things that have LITERALLY never killed anyone (save a possible allergic reaction??), but yet many, many, many people think they should be banned.

Gun supporters want to point to the Bill of Rights as the reason why they should have guns, which is fair. I point to the Declaration of Independence, the thing our country and Bill of Rights was based on, that states everyone is entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as to why the three things I posted shouldn't be banned.

I would be happy if gun supporters were consistent in their beliefs. If they truly believe, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people", then they should very easily be able to see that homosexual marriage and marijuana don't kill people and shouldn't be banned because it goes against the very Declaration of Independence that our country was founded on.

And if **only** 348 people were killed by something and that's not enough to think about a ban, then it certainly seems to follow that something that has killed no one should be completely safe from ever being banned.

But that's not the case, is it?

FYI, I'm not in support of banning guns of any kind.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Homosexulity is what spread aids initially and continues to be the largest contributor of it's spread to this day.

You're backtracking on #3 now...you KNOW it...
Taken from post #42 (emphasis added):

"I have NEVER heard of a "violent" video game giving someone a seizure. I have only heard of "non-violent" video games causing seizures with their flashing lights, and what-not.

Video games don't kill people, video game cartridges used as blunt objects and broken video game discs used as "knives" kill people.
"

And for the record, homosexuality and homosexual marriage doesn't spread HIV/AIDS... unprotected sex, sharing needles, and bad blood transfusions spread HIV/AIDS.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:11 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,484,501 times
^^^ Wrong wrong and wrong! Homosexuality started the whole epidemic. And it's Homosexual activities that keep it going...of course you want to blame unprotected sex...but what you MEAN is unprotected HOMOSEXUAL sex!

As for your backtracking on the VIDEO stuff go back a bit further...I said video induced...YOU jumped on the VIOLENT versus non violent games....YOUR issue not mine...I just said VIDEO....you're trying to play a semantics game, but you're the only one playing!

Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 PM

206 posts, read 269,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DAC1985 View Post
A. That is probably true.

B. Then you must not spend much time in the real world, or online then. There are plenty of people in/on both that do.

C. That is probably true, but it seems like you don't have an answer for it, do you? The thread asks if something that kills 348 people a year, rifles, should be banned. I then proposed three things that have LITERALLY never killed anyone (save a possible allergic reaction??), but yet many, many, many people think they should be banned.

Gun supporters want to point to the Bill of Rights as the reason why they should have guns, which is fair. I point to the Declaration of Independence, the thing our country and Bill of Rights was based on, that states everyone is entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as to why the three things I posted shouldn't be banned.

I would be happy if gun supporters were consistent in their beliefs. If they truly believe, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people", then they should very easily be able to see that homosexual marriage and marijuana don't kill people and shouldn't be banned because it goes against the very Declaration of Independence that our country was founded on.

And if **only** 348 people were killed by something and that's not enough to think about a ban, then it certainly seems to follow that something that has killed no one should be completely safe from ever being banned.

But that's not the case, is it?

FYI, I'm not in support of banning guns of any kind.
I don't care if gays get married, but your premise is flawed. Something doesn't necessarily have to be lethal to be wrong.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:33 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DAC1985 View Post
C. That is probably true, but it seems like you don't have an answer for it, do you?

I'm so tired of dealing with people that respond to posts that THEY DON'T BOTHER TO READ!

So, so frustrating...

Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
^^^ Wrong wrong and wrong! Homosexuality started the whole epidemic. And it's Homosexual activities that keep it going...of course you want to blame unprotected sex...but what you MEAN is unprotected HOMOSEXUAL sex!
A straight person never contracted HIV/AIDS? Have you ever heard of Magic Johnson?

And once again, homosexual marriage has never killed a person just like a gun has never killed a person, right?

Quote:
As for your backtracking on the VIDEO stuff go back a bit further...I said video induced...YOU jumped on the VIOLENT versus non violent games....YOUR issue not mine...I just said VIDEO....you're trying to play a semantics game, but you're the only one playing!
I'm not backtracking. I apparently am not responding to what you specifically wrote, and for that I am sorry.

I thought you were talking about what the chief of the NRA was describing as a problem in America: Violent video games. But apparently not.

So, in that case, can you show any evidence that a video killed someone? Do you know what video it is? A link possibly?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

I'm so tired of dealing with people that respond to posts that THEY DON'T BOTHER TO READ!

So, so frustrating...
I've read all the posts up until this point.

This is what I'm getting, and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong;

1. The OP and additional posters feel that something that kills 348 people a year should not be banned.

2. They also feel that their right to have and use an object that kills 348 people a year is codified in government law.

3. Therefore, no ban is needed.

And where I'm coming from is;

1. I listed three things that have never literally killed anyone.

2. I feel those three things are rooted in the "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" of a declaration that put our laws/rights into effect and they are subsequently based on.

3. Therefore, no ban is needed on any of the three things I mentioned.

Are we on the same page?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates