Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 02:48 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times

Advertisements

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...un-nut-NRA.jpg

PS -- How many of the "guns for everyone" crowd would be in favor of arming the Ferguson MO protestors to the teeth. Free AR-15s for every Ferguson protestor. After all, it's not the GUNS that kill people, right?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-21-2014 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: Copyrighted material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 03:30 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
The point of arming yourself is to PROTECT yourself from the criminals and such....rioters are committing crimes...no one supports arming criminals. However, until they lose the right even those people have the RIGHT to buy a gun...Your strawmen and red herrings are getting quite old and pathetic.

We get it! You don't like guns....so don't have one!

Old 08-21-2014, 11:26 AM

3,337 posts, read 2,140,399 times
Personally, I'm a bit worried that "mental illness" has become an almost exclusive -- and trendy -- means of classifying anyone who commits a crime with a firearm. It's particularly dangerous given that the same line of (inherently false) logic used to make such a sweeping assessment can be expanded to classify virtually any individual with some form or degree of mental illness.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
The point of arming yourself is to PROTECT yourself from the criminals and such....rioters are committing crimes...no one supports arming criminals. However, until they lose the right even those people have the RIGHT to buy a gun...
I'm not suggesting we arm the rioters in Ferguson. Only the people who are protesting. That's legal. And it will make everyone safer shoveling a ton of firearms into that area, right? An armed society is a polite society, right?

And you're simply not getting what I'm saying. Even the people who have no right to purchase a firearm can come here to the southwest and buy one anyway. My crazy uncle will sell that person a gun in the parking lot of the gun show -- no questions asked. Just fork over some money and get a gun.

Why does the extremist pro-gun crowd get so absolutely indignant when sensible people suggest that parking-lot arms deals are not good for society?

Old 08-21-2014, 12:28 PM

^^^Well you should turn in your crazy uncle who is BREAKING the LAW!

So you know ONE person that is committing felonies and you do do nothing [Complicit !] yet you want to limit the rights of everyone....NICE I see totally what you are.

Turn in your felon uncle then we'll talk more....until then YOU are guilty for supplying criminals with guns as much as he is....YOU and people like you are the PROBLEM with guns/crime.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:44 PM

He's not breaking the law. It's a private sale, done in the parking lot of the Las Vegas gun shows. LOTS OF PEOPLE DO THIS. Dozens. All selling guns in the parking lot. That way they can avoid the $20 entrance fee for the gun show. Totally legal private sales. And every single seller and buyer claims that their right to shovel firearms at society is constitutionally protected. The ATF knows about this as well. And there aren't any arrests. What does THAT tell you?

Get it now?

The people who complain loudest about their rights being infringed apparently have NO IDEA what is happening out here.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:34 PM

Maybe you should read the actual 4473 form then...he IS breaking the law!

Knowingly selling to a criminal IS against the law....you have said he does this!
He's irresponsible at best. ....And so are you for not stopping this!

Old 08-22-2014, 12:48 AM

Quote:

Knowingly selling to a criminal IS against the law....you have said he does this!
I didn't say he knowingly sold to criminals. I said he sold guns to anyone who could fork over enough cash. We both know that form 4473 isn't worth the paper it's printed on when it's all done on the honor system for a private sale.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:41 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I didn't say he knowingly sold to criminals. I said he sold guns to anyone who could fork over enough cash. We both know that form 4473 isn't worth the paper it's printed on when it's all done on the honor system for a private sale.
That would depend on "Best Effort", if your Uncle asks these two questions, 1.) Are you ABC person, I need to see some ID? 2.) Are you wanted for any crimes? If proper identification has been provided, and the answer to question number 2 is no, than that person has done "Best Effort" and a legal private sale of a firearm has occurred. If your Uncle indicates $1000 for this firearm, without checking their ID, or asking if they are wanted for any crimes, then it would be an illegal private sale. It may not seem like that big of a distinction, but the former you are trying to establish if this person can buy a gun, the latter would be closer to "Black Market Deal".

Old 10-30-2014, 06:52 PM

966 posts, read 1,347,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I can go commit a felony, and then I can go to any gun show in the Southwest and buy a gun from some dude selling them in the parking lot at the gun show. I have an idiot uncle who does just that -- he buys guns on the cheap and then takes them to gun shows and sells them to random people at a profit. He doesn't care about the misery that he is potentially inflicting on society. He's no better than a meth dealer, as far as I'm concerned. EDIT -- But he sure loves to talk about his 2nd amendment rights. He thinks that his amateur arms dealings are constitutionally protected.

The laws that we have only apply to law abiding citizens. Gun shows and private sales are the wild west, quite literally. We need to rein in the craziness that happens at gun shows.

What we need is for gun sales to have the same amount of regulation as vehicle sales. I can't sell my car without a paper trail, why should I be able to sell firearms anonymously?

you just admitted you committed a felony, then you go to a gunshow and buy a gun, a 2nd felony,
Now care to explain how another law would work ? You have all ready proven by your actions that laws only apply to those who chose to obey them.

you lose, Thanks for playing,

I'll make an offer, to anyone that is anti-gun and has never shot one. I will take you to the range with me and let you shoot what ever you want, along with what I chose. You have to be in the Phoenix area, and free during the daylight hour Monday thru Friday. You will have to obey all range rules and safe gun handling is a must, you will be required to wear hearing and eye protection. This will be open to the first 2 who send me a message.

Last edited by West Phx Native; 10-30-2014 at 07:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates