Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 12:23 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Please remember, Great Debates is a style based forum. Moderation is based on whether or not posts follow a debate style posting. Among the Great Debates guidelines are that all posts are expected to be civil and well thought out. That means, but is not limited to, no one or two liners, no combative posts, and staying on topic. Posts that do not adhere will be deleted. Personal attacks or race baiting will most likely result in infractions.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:34 AM

399 posts, read 548,156 times
Update for "Black Lives Matter" peeps: two cops shot outside Ferguson PD. Good job Obama, good job Holder, good job Jackson, good job NAACP, good job CNN, good job Wolf Blitzer. You've successfully painted white cops doing their job as racists and black criminals as martyrs. These cops blood is on your hands.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:21 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistas View Post
Update for "Black Lives Matter" peeps: two cops shot outside Ferguson PD. Good job Obama, good job Holder, good job Jackson, good job NAACP, good job CNN, good job Wolf Blitzer. You've successfully painted white cops doing their job as racists and black criminals as martyrs. These cops blood is on your hands.
You forgot "good job Sharpton"

I somewhat agree with your points concerning the race baiting hucksters who need race relations to be strained in order to remain visible and make money.

The problem i see is that cops aren't known for doing everything possible in every situation to not have to shoot the suspect. They have accepted a dangerous job and yet, they're acting like they can just shoot someone if one scintilla of danger is even remotely present. That's not what they signed up for, but they want the glory of walking around in the cops uni and having the public respect them for the most part, but when they are confronted with a "situation" some of them seem to just pull out the gun and shoot.

You just have to find a way not to shoot someone, they have to be better at their jobs, they need to put themselves in better positions to not have to use deadly force. THATS what they're getting called out on.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:52 AM

692 posts, read 957,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistas View Post
No, White cops who do their job poorly have painted White cops doing their job as racists. Their own fellow officer's blood is on their hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
You forgot "good job Sharpton"

I somewhat agree with your points concerning the race baiting hucksters who need race relations to be strained in order to remain visible and make money.

The problem i see is that cops aren't known for doing everything possible in every situation to not have to shoot the suspect. They have accepted a dangerous job and yet, they're acting like they can just shoot someone if one scintilla of danger is even remotely present. That's not what they signed up for, but they want the glory of walking around in the cops uni and having the public respect them for the most part, but when they are confronted with a "situation" some of them seem to just pull out the gun and shoot.

You just have to find a way not to shoot someone, they have to be better at their jobs, they need to put themselves in better positions to not have to use deadly force. THATS what they're getting called out on.
PLEASE explain to me what money these "race baiting hucksters" are making. Please explain.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 03-13-2015 at 09:48 AM..

Old 03-12-2015, 04:03 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,673 times
Several young black men have been shot to death in San Francisco this year, including four young men slain together in a car. I wonder how much 'black lives matter' mattered to the perpetrators.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:22 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
PLEASE explain to me what money these "race baiting hucksters" are making. Please explain.

Investigate Sharpton and his financial matters a little bit and it will be come clearer to you.

As far as the overnight shooting of 2 police officers in Ferguson during a so called peaceful rally. Will those chanting "Black lives matter" come out and decry this abhorrent act of violence? Will Sharpton and others step up and call for an end to this kind of senseless violence? Of course they won't. The black community really should do a better job at stepping up and calling for an end to this violence to include the constant black on black crime. By all means stand up for your rights and fight against those who do you harm but no need to completely alienate the entire white race at the same time.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
To me, the chants and the "complaining" about racism aren't going to get people who need to change to change. If you really want long lasting change, the time is now to look in the mirror and make that change and better yourself. Pull up your pants and become the race that commits the least amount of crimes and the race that works the hardest and maybe that will get the racists to soften their stance a bit.

Demanding people to do this and to do that isn't going to get people to want to move forward, its only going to drive them farther away.

Bingo !! Deeds will be what changes things for the black community, not protests or catchy slogans. Show us you are worthy of respect and you will get it.

When I hear "black lives matter" I say to myself "Then why don't they matter when a black kills another black ?"

Don

Old 03-12-2015, 07:33 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,444,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post

But my concern is that the quite often "Black Lives Matter" thing will eventually backfire and turn many in the white community completely off.
"Black Lives Matter" can and should be adopted by the Black Community as a positive message for their young people, especially males.

If Michael Brown thought his life mattered, he would have just gone to college like he was planning, and not stopped off to rob a store in his own neighborhood that fateful day.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:52 AM

692 posts, read 957,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Investigate Sharpton and his financial matters a little bit and it will be come clearer to you.

As far as the overnight shooting of 2 police officers in Ferguson during a so called peaceful rally. Will those chanting "Black lives matter" come out and decry this abhorrent act of violence? Will Sharpton and others step up and call for an end to this kind of senseless violence? Of course they won't. The black community really should do a better job at stepping up and calling for an end to this violence to include the constant black on black crime. By all means stand up for your rights and fight against those who do you harm but no need to completely alienate the entire white race at the same time.
Black people have been talking about Black on Black crime for decades. But Black on Black crime and police brutality are two completely separate issues.

FYI: most crime is comitted amongst people of their own race. Most crime is Black on Black, White on White or Hispanic on Hispanic. So I don't see what your bloody point is.

As for Sharpton's finances...Sharpton doesn't speak for all Black people, and if you have a problem with his finances please cite your sources.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:41 AM

685 posts, read 720,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
I'll stop being turned off by it when and only when blacks decided to make a change and become a larger representation of the police forces in the cities they cry about it the most. If they truly believe racism is such a problem in the Ferguson PD, then change it by becoming it. Same in NYC and LA. If you really think white guys join the force with the sole purpose of imposing their racism and bigotry on you, and you don't do anything to have more blacks sign up to become police officers, then you have no right to complain.
(We were overtaxed in NY - we moved! The hierarchy comes from within the city first then flows down. Too many police have proven over and over again they profile and mistreat people. They're the ones who are obviously not but should be trained professionals. Ferguson is working on changing their department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates