Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 08:29 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Why does anyone care if a child's parents choose circumcision for their child?

It's not your kid.
Good. Then you let those sharia people mutilate, I mean circumcise, those little girls and shhhh about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 10:48 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times
I didn't get circumcised until I was 24. After my 3rd UTI in a few years, I decided to have it done. I was pretty miserable for a couple days. It was about as bad as getting your wisdom teeth yanked.

The best part about having it done is that it improved my sex life. For starters, I was able to last longer in bed, but I didn't really notice a decrease in sensation like they say. Sex pretty much felt the same, but it took me longer to climax, which was a good thing for me. I also noticed every girl I dated would perform Oral sex on me, which was new because when I was un-cut only about half the women I dated would do it. They never said why, but I've had multiple women tell me the won't go down on an un-cut guy unless it's like right out of the shower because of the smell and taste.

I'm very happy that I had it done, but I do believe it should be a choice.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:09 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,164,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You are so wrong.
During the majority of my lifetime it has been done for no reason other than tradition.
With my own son and my grandchildren, I was never asked whether or not I wanted it done nor whether or not I held any religious beliefs. It was....and still often is...just a matter or usual protocol.
Many young women who have just given birth have not even thought about it and are presented with a brief and very bias pronouncement that this will take place

So it may be very relevant to even atheist parents or those that hold no particular religious beliefs about it.
The Scriptural aspect of circumcision is irrelevant to anyone who does not believe in God, because anyone who rejects God has no reason to care about what His Word says. On top of that, circumcision is not necessary for salvation, so Christian parents are under no religious compulsion to have their son circumcised.

As a practical matter, circumcision is not done unless a parent signs a consent form. 10 years ago, I was sitting with a pregnant friend in her hospital room when a nurse came in and asked if she wanted her son circumcised. When she said yes, the nurse said that the consent form would be brought for her to sign prior to the procedure.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:10 AM

6,392 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Good. Then you let those sharia people mutilate, I mean circumcise, those little girls and shhhh about it.
Unless you are actually CUTTING THE PENIS OFF its not the same thing.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:10 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
As a practical matter, circumcision is not done unless a parent signs a consent form. 10 years ago, I was sitting with a pregnant friend in her hospital room when a nurse came in and asked if she wanted her son circumcised. When she said yes, the nurse said that the consent form would be brought for her to sign prior to the procedure.
Not denying that. What I said was that many girls hadn't even given it a thought and when presented to them as SOP after they've just gone through having a baby,they just sign.
There are several procedures done on newborns that some people still aren't even aware of.
How many give any thought to consenting to Vit K for their newborn or even realize they did so?

Old 04-24-2015, 11:59 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,164,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Not denying that. What I said was that many girls hadn't even given it a thought and when presented to them as SOP after they've just gone through having a baby,they just sign.
So what? They sign voluntarily. If a parent chooses to do so without asking questions or doing any research beforehand, that does not render their choice illegitimate.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:43 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
No parent has a right to mutilate their child in any form..in my opinion.... this covers any kind of piercings too.. and to circumcise for religious reasons in this day and age is barbaric and stupid.... there are still many girls having very painful female mutilations done in the UK..and it should all be stopped...End FGM - Because I am a Girl - Plan UK

Old 04-25-2015, 05:10 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
So what? They sign voluntarily. If a parent chooses to do so without asking questions or doing any research beforehand, that does not render their choice illegitimate.
No, it makes it irresponsible. And irresponsible mom isn't the one that will live with the consequences.
This aspect of it is wandering away from the point of the thread so I won't go further with it.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:09 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,612 times
Too many are still comparing male circumcision with female circumcision when they are NOTHING alike, with male circumcision a small fold of skin is removed from the end of the penis exposing the head, it does NOT reduce sexual pleasure in any significant amount, in fact it make make the act last LONGER ... with female circumcision the clitoris is removed along with the labia and the vagina is sowed shut removing any sexual pleasure for the woman and making intercourse painful for her.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:16 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It is not mutilation.

It is a legitimate medical procedure.
At one time blood letting was considered a legitimate medical procedure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates