Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:17 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclover View Post
Of course they can be compared. Don't be ridiculous.

Where do you come up with this "logic"? I am in no way comparing these two, but one example that comes to mind is some of the things Nazi doctors did to people during the Holocaust. Please keep in mind that in Egypt for example, most female circumcisions are performed my medical professionals including doctors.
Again, they can't be compared. Not logically. And do you really think that U.S. doctors would willingly perform "mutilation?"

Quote:
Where does one draw the line of mutilation? If I cut off your hand is that mutilation? I would say so. What about just your pinky finger? I would still say that is mutilation. What about the just last knuckle of your pinky finger? I don't know where to draw the line. I would say that type 1 female circumcision is fairly analogous to male circumcision so either they are both mutilation or they aren't.
If you are going to try and compare circumcision to cutting off a hand or a finger, you are going into irrationality. And if you think circumcision is "mutilation," I probably can't change your mind and you are free to believe what you want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 10:07 PM

121 posts, read 101,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Again, they can't be compared. Not logically.
What are you talking about? Do you know that the majority of female circumcision isn't type 3? Most female circumcision is quite relevant to male circumcision.

Quote:
And do you really think that U.S. doctors would willingly perform "mutilation?"
If it is socially engrained in their culture then yes.

Quote:
=If you are going to try and compare circumcision to cutting off a hand or a finger, you are going into irrationality. And if you think circumcision is "mutilation," I probably can't change your mind and you are free to believe what you want to.
So cutting off part of the penis is just dandy but cutting off part of your finger is a big problem? Ask the average uncut guy if he would rather have the tip of his finger chopped off or the tip of his penis and see what he says.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? Do you know that the majority of female circumcision isn't type 3? Most female circumcision is quite relevant to male circumcision.
Again, I don't see how the two can be compared.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/11080881-post382.html

Quote:
If it is socially engrained in their culture then yes.
It goes beyond "culture." Because there is no one single culture in the U.S. As for as I know, doctors and surgeons of different cultures perform circumcisions.

Quote:
So cutting off part of the penis is just dandy but cutting off part of your finger is a big problem? Ask the average uncut guy if he would rather have the tip of his finger chopped off or the tip of his penis and see what he says.
I know someone who had a circumcision when he was about 25 years old. It was done because his wife was complaining about pain during you-know-what. I am quite sure he would rather have had that done than the tip of his finger chopped off! Silly question in the first place.

And as I said, no matter what I post I doubt it would change your mind.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:54 PM

121 posts, read 101,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Again, I don't see how the two can be compared.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/11080881-post382.html
Many of the same arguments can be applied to male circumcision.

Quote:
It goes beyond "culture." Because there is no one single culture in the U.S. As for as I know, doctors and surgeons of different cultures perform circumcisions.
There is not one single culture that preforms female circumcision. Circumcision is okay in American culture and therefore doctors in America are mostly okay with it.

Quote:
I know someone who had a circumcision when he was about 25 years old. It was done because his wife was complaining about pain during you-know-what. I am quite sure he would rather have had that done than the tip of his finger chopped off! Silly question in the first place.
WHAT??? Circumcision should increase pain during sex because there is more friction. That is a ridiculous reason to be circumcised.

Quote:
And as I said, no matter what I post I doubt it would change your mind.
I am circumcised. I was fine with it for many years until I actually started to think about it logically. I wish I wasn't circumcised and I wish the practice stopped. No matter what I say would change your mind because you can't stand the idea that your manhood is incomplete. It is an ego thing and that's the reason most circumcised guys don't see a problem with it. Their ego is in the way of logic. Once you overcome your ego and try to look at this logically, we both had parts of our genitals chopped off because it is something our culture and society thinks is good, you will see how disturbing this practice is.

Let me put it this way, I don't give a rat's ass if someone wants to get circumcised as an adult with the owner of the penis' consent, but it is ridiculous that we circumcise infants.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIJ95 View Post
If you're in a locker room it's kind of hard not to see, also in any adult movie. It's just gross.
What a weird obsession???

Old 05-04-2015, 03:10 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Many of the same arguments can be applied to male circumcision.

There is not one single culture that preforms female circumcision. Circumcision is okay in American culture and therefore doctors in America are mostly okay with it.

WHAT??? Circumcision should increase pain during sex because there is more friction. That is a ridiculous reason to be circumcised.

I am circumcised. I was fine with it for many years until I actually started to think about it logically. I wish I wasn't circumcised and I wish the practice stopped. No matter what I say would change your mind because you can't stand the idea that your manhood is incomplete. It is an ego thing and that's the reason most circumcised guys don't see a problem with it. Their ego is in the way of logic. Once you overcome your ego and try to look at this logically, we both had parts of our genitals chopped off because it is something our culture and society thinks is good, you will see how disturbing this practice is.

Let me put it this way, I don't give a rat's ass if someone wants to get circumcised as an adult with the owner of the penis' consent, but it is ridiculous that we circumcise infants.
totally agree... an adult can think for themselves, a baby cant.. its barbaric..

Old 05-04-2015, 03:13 PM

813 posts, read 601,011 times
If you had a 93 year old uncircumcised grandfather who needs help staying clean you MIGHT change your mind, it ain't pretty...

Old 05-04-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
totally agree... an adult can think for themselves, a baby cant.. its barbaric..

Old 05-04-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
If you had a 93 year old uncircumcised grandfather who needs help staying clean you MIGHT change your mind, it ain't pretty...
Now, we can't have that. After all, it's "mutilation" and "barbaric."

Old 05-04-2015, 05:25 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
Cleaning a 93 year old isn't pretty no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates