Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 10:20 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,217,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is a 50 percent rate of illegitimate births among Hispanic women. Most of the time, it is not with Black men. A better question is this. Why does ANYONE have a child out of wedlock in the first place, regardless of race?

There is something else I want to point out. As long as the "Black male" dynamic is going to be discussed, I am going to put this into proper perspective. Where I live, whenever I see mixed race children being raised by a single mother, there is something else I notice, that no one is pointing out in any measure: the HOOD RAT dynamic. And when I say hood rat, I'm talking about the men who aren't going anywhere in life, who live off of their mothers, who are perennially unemployed or are basically losers. I notice women who end up raising children alone, they haven't sleep with the Black guy who is actually doing something with his life, or at the very least, the Black guy who is trying. They have slept with the lower end of the Black male population, the hood rat types. No one has addressed that part.

In my experiences, I've rarely seen the diligent, hardworking Black men do things like that. Of the Black men that I know of who are with non-Black women, only one has a child out of wedlock.

Another thing to consider is Los Angeles itself. More interracial dating goes on there than in many other cities.
Where are your stats?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:25 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
Where are your stats?
Two different links, two conflicting statistics.

National Review

Census Bureau Links Poverty With Out-of-Wedlock Births - US News

Old 04-17-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
My stats are much more current. Look above from the CDC.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:30 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
My stats are much more current. Look above from the CDC.
My whole point was that this wasn't specifically a Black male problem. It seemed like that was something you are ignoring.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
My whole point was that this wasn't specifically a Black male problem. It seemed like that was something you are ignoring.
No......I like to back up things with available data. I don't like posting percentages without stats.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:49 PM

67 posts, read 88,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Better chance of having a child who is a professional athlete and making millions at age 20?

Another factor could be that mixed race babies are "prettier" so maybe they're going for the "Exotic" look..
So your telling me babies that look like Domicans are prettier lol.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
I have noticed over the last couple of years in California and in my travels throughout this country an interesting phenomena. Black males have been getting thousands of non-black women pregnant and leaving them as single mothers. We all know the statistics about black males and black females regarding their illegitimacy rate but now it is crossing racial lines when black males date non-blacks. I live in L.A. County where black males are like 4-5% of the population but they are spreading their seeds all over the place and you see so many unmarried white, hispanic and even some Asians women with their black babies. I know people are going to say things like how do you know the father is not part of their lives. For one thing whenever I see these women it is in public places like the beach, the park and the zoo where most fathers tend to go with their families but these women are rarely accompanied by black males. I can never remember seeing anything like this or at least to this extent before Obama was elected or before the Kardashians were in the public eye. So my question is. Is this some kind of trend where women think it is cool to have an illegitimate black mixed kid?
Stirring the pot; huh.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:36 PM

67 posts, read 88,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Stirring the pot; huh.
Just an observation I have had over the last several years.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:54 PM

6,386 posts, read 6,271,884 times
Quote:
Here is an even better question. Why are women having illegitimate children in the first place, by any man? ........
Because people guilt them into NOT having abortions.

And/or they are not physically and mentally strong enough to carry a baby to term and then give it up for adoption. (I know I wouldn't be.)

Old 04-17-2015, 11:57 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
I have noticed over the last couple of years in California and in my travels throughout this country an interesting phenomena. Black males have been getting thousands of non-black women pregnant and leaving them as single mothers. We all know the statistics about black males and black females regarding their illegitimacy rate but now it is crossing racial lines when black males date non-blacks. I live in L.A. County where black males are like 4-5% of the population but they are spreading their seeds all over the place and you see so many unmarried white, hispanic and even some Asians women with their black babies. I know people are going to say things like how do you know the father is not part of their lives. For one thing whenever I see these women it is in public places like the beach, the park and the zoo where most fathers tend to go with their families but these women are rarely accompanied by black males. I can never remember seeing anything like this or at least to this extent before Obama was elected or before the Kardashians were in the public eye. So my question is. Is this some kind of trend where women think it is cool to have an illegitimate black mixed kid?
Good move. Blame it on Obama and the Kardashians.

So you think just because you noticed it now, it hadn't been going on before? Why are you not concerned with the White and Hispanic men abandoning their kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates